Christmas and New Year in Tobago

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Bruce Craig

Christmas and New Year in Tobago

Post by Bruce Craig »

My family and I (5 adults + 3 teenagers) are visiting Tobago over Christmas and New Year. We are staying in a private villa on the Tobago Plantations Resort (next to the Hilton). As it is our first time in Tobago, we would be most grateful if anyone could give us advice/tips to help us get the 'most' out of our holiday. We are particularly interested in locating a good restaurant whereby we can have a good Christmas lunch/dinner and somewhere 'lively' where we can 'bring in the New Year'. We arrive on Dec 21st for two weeks.

Kind regards,

Bruce Craig :lol:
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Bruce

Welcome aboard! :lol:

Advice and tips? Well, that's rather a tall order as it covers a huge range of subjects. However, even if I do say it myself, if its not there somewhere on this site, then its of no consequence as far as holidaying on Tobago goes. All I can suggest is wading though all the articles of interest in the main menu bar at the top of the page and then coming back to the forum with any specific questions.

Christmas dinner. Your nearest place will be La Terrazza at the Tobago Plantations Golf Club. You'll need to book early and, like many places, they may only be doing dinner, not lunch. However I'm sure they'll be putting something special on - provided you like pasta-based Italian food (proper pasta, not the muck we eat in Britain :twisted: ).
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Bruce Craig

Post by Bruce Craig »

Thanks for that, Steve. I am indeed starting to navigate my way around your fantastic site.

Bruce Craig
Susanne F.

Table Reservation

Post by Susanne F. »

Hello,
35 days left to go! As for dinner tables for Xmas, New Year and Birthday evenings we are aware that we should reserve on time. But what means "on time" in Tobago? a day or two before or a week before?

Also as for a car from Cheppy's, shall we reserve already now, a month before?

Thanks a lot for your short advise.
Kind regards,
Susanne
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Hi Susanne,I would say definitely book a car now.This is the start of the high season.As for reseving tables for Christmas and Old Years night depends where you are staying and where you want to eat.
David(2 weeks to go \:D/ )
Brian Taylor
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Brian Taylor »

I would check the christmas/old-new-years tables as soon as you arrive, just to be sure!

car definately NOW. I was at sheppy two weeks agon and it was a sea of cars...masses of them. yeaterdaY I returned with my guests to drop back their little motorbike and half of the vehicles have been gone already and the season is just starting...

david... shall I book a table at the boothouse for your arrival night... :lol:
did you make your booking for christmas dinner? better do, the bookings are coming in from all the repaeters who stay in castara already. no joke!

merry christmas and a happy new year :wink:
steph
Stephanie & Brian "Alibaba" Taylor
Alibaba-Tours - http://www.Alibaba-Tours.com
Susanne F.

Post by Susanne F. »

This was quick ! Thanks very much to David and Brian for the replies ! So we might hurry up with the car reservation. As for the dinners, we are staying at Crown Point and would like to have these special dinner evenings something like at Terrazza / Tartaruga or maybe somewhere else where Seafood is offered....We will call for reservations as soon as we arrive in Tobago - which will be easy, as this site is already providing with some of the restaurants phone numbers ! This is definitely a fantastic site ! Better than any information desk !
Kind regards,
Susanne
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Steph,yes to christmas dinner and arrival night.Do Sharon or Brenton want me to bring anything?
David
Brian Taylor
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Brian Taylor »

I think they are good with everything because phil brought and will bring some more...
but if you have a little space in your suitcase for some PG's for me... :oops: can't handle the tea here :wink:
I'll have you booked for the two nights then :D
steph
Stephanie & Brian "Alibaba" Taylor
Alibaba-Tours - http://www.Alibaba-Tours.com

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”