Dress Code in T & T

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Graeme Tickle

Dress Code in T & T

Post by Graeme Tickle »

We are travelling to Tobago in March, staying in Castara and also spending 4 days in Trinidad, what is the dress code for dining out both in Casara and Trinidad :?:

Thanks in anticipation of your help
Steve Pitts
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Steve Pitts »

Hi Graeme

Dress code very much depends on where you plan to eat I guess, but Castara would be pretty laid back (horizontal) and smart / casual would be acceptable anywhere.

Some useful tips on dress codes here - http://www.mytobago.info/packing.php

Cheers
Steve
Take only photos - leave only footprints. I like that concept.
Graeme Tickle

Post by Graeme Tickle »

Hello Steve,

Thanks for that, its our first time to the Carribean so wanted to make sure we are taking the right stuff.

Cheers
Graeme
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Graeme,Castara is very laid back,I think Margerites like long trousers and shoes for men in the evening as possibly Adam's would.Every where alse as long as it is respectable shorts and tops for men and decent dress for women.
David :D 8)
Clyde Alleyne
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Clyde Alleyne »

Graeme, in Trinidad, similar guidelines would apply. It would pretty much depend on the level of the restaurant you were going to and the time of day. At dinnertime, for the men, shorts, sandals and tank tops or T-shirts would be frowned on in most restaurants but on the other hand would be perfectly acceptable if you were simply patronising one of the many fast food outlets around. You will always be safe with trousers and a collared shirt. For the ladies, skirts, slacks or dressy shorts with blouses should not raise eyebrows. At lunchtime, dress codes are more casual, with dressy jeans or dressy shorts (not the ripped, scruffy ones that are sooo comfortable) being seen around.
Hope this helps,
Clyde

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”