Restaurant Reports

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Cathy Preece

Restaurant Reports

Post by Cathy Preece »

Thanks to Ann Ball, I see that it is quite easy to write reports on accommodation but I wondered if such a facility exists for restaurants. I'm wondering who decides and how for the "favourites" list, especially since there are so many different experiences of places, so the list seems out of date. :? If there was a 'satisfaction award' for restaurants, we might get a better idea of the current state of play.
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Cathy

You're in the right forum for reports on Restaurants. Why is it any easier to write reports on Accommodation than Restaurants? You've lost me.

As the wording at the top of the Favourite Restaurants page states
We list below (in alphabetical order) our personal favourite restaurants and cafés; establishments that we frequent on every visit because we enjoy the catering, the location, the ambience or any combination of these factors. They won't all be to everyone's taste, but if you're looking for somewhere to start, this could be the list for you.
In other words, they are OUR opinions. If you wish to differ, then you are welcome to post your own reports on different restaurants in this forum.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Cathy Preece

Post by Cathy Preece »

I was thinking that there might be something similar to this

http://www.mytobago.info/accommodation2f.php/13

for restaurants but that maybe I had missed it.
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Yes, non-registered members of the public can quickly post accommodation reports directly in the accommodation listings section, but that doesn't apply to any other sections. The work involved is simply too huge to give it consideration. The reports posted in the Accommodation pages, such as the one you listed, are simply short-cuts to the forums here.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Brian Taylor
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Brian Taylor »

guess tastes in food are much more different and accommodations easier to just describe... view, beds, kitchen equipment...
a dish that someone might hate another one might love.... also there are a number of restaurants that change owners on a almost daily basis... or they just open for one season, close and never open again :wink:
thats tobago!

so why not just list your experiences after every visit, seems the best way to update the available restaurants...

good appetite :wink:

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”