Shore Things

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Caragh M

Post by Caragh M »

Hi

I know this is is slightly off track from the original subject, but what is so good about Shore Things, is it the food, setting what?

I may well be tempted to go there one day for lunch when we are out and about in the hire car.

Will be there in 5 weeks time!

Caragh
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Caragh

Sorry to split your post off, but as you say, it was off-topic and so is better filed in the relevant sub-forum where it will be of more use to other readers.

The food at Shore Things is excellent quality and of reasonable price. You MUST try their fresh juices! The location is pleasant - when dining you sit on a small covered terrace partially overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and with hundreds (well, it seems like hundreds) of Bananaquits coming in to feed from the well-stocked feeders. Good service, good food, good price - quite simply there is NOWHERE else that even starts to compete when it comes to light lunches or snacks. Plus, the shop has an excellent range of souvenirs and local craft items. HIGHLY recommended! :lol:
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Steady Steve,we don,t want it to become "Jemma'd"!
But seriously,the place is a real treasure,I usually go there a few times and don't bother with Carib!!!!!! :wink:
David :D
Gabriele
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

shore things

Post by Gabriele »

Ciao. Giselle has also added a 'small library room' where you can buy/exchange books, not to mention the Art Work and many Local Artist crafts ideal as gifts for relatives and friends. Tumbs up to Giselle for her good taste! Gabriele
Caragh M

Post by Caragh M »

Ok right we are definitely going there for lunch one day then!

Glad I spotted the reference to it when I was actually looking for something else and sorry Steve that the message was not in the appropriate place.

I figured you had moved it and tracked it down though no problem.

Thanks

Caragh :D
Andy D
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Andy D »

I have been to Shore Things several times now,the last time was just last week,i love it there and highly recommend it....Enjoy! :D
Caragh M

Post by Caragh M »

It was amazing...don't want to say too much for fear of it becoming full of tourists...

We had a long and fairly costly lunch....not the cafe's fault but because we kept ordering more and more things!!!

We managed to have a beer each (ice cold), a fruit juice each (recomended) and a rum punch each (had to be done). We had lunch inc dessert. At one point I had selected 5 desserts but managed eventually to settle on just one with ice cream!

Also bought some craft items.

A real treasure and will go back again and again. The birds are beautiful and staff very friendly

Caragh :)

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”