Where to eat out in the north of the island

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
MariSian
myTobago Rookie
myTobago Rookie

Where to eat out in the north of the island

Post by MariSian »

Hi

We will be staying at the north end of the island in a couple of weeks. Where would people recommend eating out with out us having to drive back down to the south?
Andy K
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Re: Where to eat out in the north of the island

Post by Andy K »

Try "Sharon & Phebbs" and "Gail's" restaurant in Charlotteville.

I haven't eaten in Speyside in years, better refrain from making recommendations.
GervaisAlkins

Post by GervaisAlkins »

Hey,
Eating out in the North is difficult. As Andy's suggested try "Sharon & Phebs" and also "Gails". But do ask prices before you buy and better yet ask them again just to make sure as I and others have had issue's with this.
For lunch there's a gentleman by the name of Jaba who has a hut :lol: on the waterfront road. He cooks lunches and soups and it's usually very yummy and affordable. Also one of the little shops near Jabba's sells fresh baked bread but you have to place an order the day before becuase they sell out like hot cakes......which they also have!
The best thing about Charlotteville and the north is the abundance of fresh fish sold everyday. There are a few vegetable vendors in the village and and two small groceries.
In Speyside, there is 'Jemma's Tree House' but I don't know if they're opened for dinner. They're quite popular but I think they're a bit over priced for what is offered. Down the road there's another food place (I think it's called "The Bird-Watchers' Restuarant" ) that I usually buy from because their prices are a bit less exhorbitant and realistic. There is another food place in Speyside near next to "Jemma's Tree House" but got well over charged for a Fish & Chips there.
Hope this help and have a great trip.
Hugh S
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Hugh S »

We recently had a very tasty lunch at Sharon and Phebs. Only downside was some construction noise but food and view well worth it.

Hugh 8)
MariSian
myTobago Rookie
myTobago Rookie

Post by MariSian »

Thank you everybody for the replies.

What about round the corner so to speak at Bloody Bay, Englishman's bay etc?

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”