Coco or Le Grand Courlan?

70 room 4* All-Inclusive resort at Stonehaven Bay (listing)
Roger

Coco or Le Grand Courlan?

Post by Roger »

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 31 December 2002

Booking a last min. holiday for end of January, just for a week - looking for first class hotel, good gym, relaxing, squash would be a bonus? Any suggestions?
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Roger

Its very much a matter of personal taste. Have a good troll through this forum and read our review of the Coco Reef and see what takes your fancy. The Coco Reef is a good star higher in rating than the LGC, but the LGC's sister hotel, the Grafton, does boast the only squash courts on the island. However, the Grafton is closed at the moment so I don't know if you would have access to the courts.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Roger

Post by Roger »

Thanks - having read your site - Coco it is! You should be drinking by now!
Lyndsay

Post by Lyndsay »

Does anyone know the current position on Le Grand Courlan, given the closure of the Grafton and the recent food poisoning? We are due to visit in a couple of weeks
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Lyndsay As far as I know, Le Grand Courlan is open - it's only the Grafton which was closed and remains so, for some mysterious reason. To clear any doubts in your mind, I would suggest emailing LGC ([email protected]) to reassure yourself. Have a great holiday and please let us know how you get on.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Tanja Mohammed

Post by Tanja Mohammed »

Dear Roger, I have just spoken to Grafton Resort. Steve is correct, it is still closed until further notice.It is possible for guests of Le Gran Courland to use the squash course at Grafton. The cost is approx. 8 USD (45 TTD) for 45 minutes. Other than that there is the Tobago Hilton at the Atlantic side of the island, they have a small gym and tennis courts, however no squash. Same for Blue Haven Hotel at Bacolet (small gym and tennis). Have a great trip and happy new year

Return to “Le Grand Courlan Resort & Spa”