Rainforest Overnight Stay

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Ian Hargreaves
myTobago Groupie
myTobago Groupie

Rainforest Overnight Stay

Post by Ian Hargreaves »

This my first-time post so thankyou for allowing me to join the group.
We are visiting Tobago for the first time for a couple of weeks in March staying at the Coco Reef Beach Resort. I would like to spend a couple of nights in the rainforest and I would welcome any accommodation recommendations.
My primary interests are birds and butterflies but I look forward to seeing all aspects of nature and would love to see the rainforest at night. Cuffie River Nature Retreat looks great but rather more luxorious than I need. Are there any alternatives?
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Rainforest Overnight Stay

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Ian

Welcome aboard! =D>

There are a few locally-owned properties around the edge of the rainforest that offer self-catering accommodation, but none that I could honestly recommend. In more than 60 years visiting Tobago, I can honestly tell you that nowhere gives a truer, more genuine, and all-encompassing feeling of being in the rainforest than nights at the Cuffie River. It is simply no contest.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Ian Hargreaves
myTobago Groupie
myTobago Groupie

Re: Rainforest Overnight Stay

Post by Ian Hargreaves »

Many thanks for your reply Steve, I was beginning to suspect that Cuffie might well be the best/only solution.

Return to “General Accommodation”