Wedding in Tobago

Questions and comment outside the scope of the above topic groups
Loulou1410
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Wedding in Tobago

Post by Loulou1410 »

Hi guys
Just wondering if anyone can give recent experiences of getting married in Tobago - especially on a budget! All the most recent information on this forum seems to be from 10/20 years ago and a lot of the links no longer work. Are not so many people getting married in Tobago anymore?

My dream would be a small gathering of 10/15 people on the beach and then a nice meal afterwards. Any advice appreciated!
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Wedding in Tobago

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello LouLou

Welcome aboard! :D

I think its probably true to say that with the disruption caused by the pandemic and subsequent lockdown of the island, levels of tourism are only slowly returning to 'normal'. A lot of Trinidadian couples get married on Tobago, but the number of marriages of overseas visitors is very much lower than it used to be. From our perspective, the worst thing was that the only reliable wedding planners that we had any experience of had no choice but to close their service and we have been unable to find anyone that we can honestly feel are worthy of being recommended on this site.

I think I'm correct in saying that all the large resort hotels will be able to arrange everything for you and (most of) your party are staying at the hotel.

If you spot any links on this site that are not working or no longer valid, PLEASE PLEASE let me know so that I can amend the site.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Chris Runciman
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Chris Runciman »

It can be done !
A little bit of advance planning, it can be a real personal experience. A wedding on the beach, an arch lined with exotic plants, a local 'vicar', sunsets and lets face it do you want to have to cater for over a 100 people you really don't know and will never hear from again or want to 'party' with on the most important day of your life?? It is YOUR day !
PaulMakin
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by PaulMakin »

Definitely talk to your favoured hotel/accommodation provider - they will for sure be able to steer you even if they can't offer some form of wedding services

Return to “General Questions & Comment”