Money exchange

Questions and comment outside the scope of the above topic groups
Nancy heersink
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Money exchange

Post by Nancy heersink »

Arriving in tobago, transitting thru trinidad airport on 1 ticket. I know that there is no money exchange at tobago Airport, only an ATM. Will I have access to the money exchange at trinidad Airport, without having to go thru security again at trinidad Airport? Or will we have to leave the secure area and go back thru security?
If we have to leave secure area and wait to go back thru security we would consider using atm.

Thanks

Nancy
PaulMakin
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Re: Money exchange

Post by PaulMakin »

Don't know much about Trinidad I'm afraid but be aware that the ATM at Crown Point has been defunct for a few years now - there are at least 3 others in the vicinity though.
JulieE
myTobago Groupie
myTobago Groupie

Post by JulieE »

💲 Hello, could someone tell me if there are any bureaux de change between Tobago airport and Scarborough / or actually in Scarborough? Thanks.
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Julie

I may be wrong, but I don't know of ANY bureaux de change outlets in Tobago. However, I think that all the banks offer exchange facilities and there are several branches within walking distance of the airport and/or between the airport and Scarborough.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
PaulMakin
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by PaulMakin »

the odd bureau pops up every now and again but nothing currently operational.

Banks are much easier to navigate than previously - Republic at Crown Point "plaza" is closest to the airport and they also have a flagship HQ on the HIghway on the way into S'boro. No dedicated exchange facilities, just join the line. ID will be required. There's a ScotiaBank branch in the Mall at Lowlands (can get quite busy)

Some quaint opening times - weekdays they open and close early and not at all on weekends. Check local branches for hours - on Fridays some will open, close and then re-open (Republic at Crown Point for example)
Robert T
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Robert T »

Theres a working ATM booth at ANR Robinson in the small alleyway next to BBs House of Grill.
PaulMakin
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by PaulMakin »

of course there is, i'd completely forgotten - thanks Robert and sorry for the poor info Nancy

Return to “General Questions & Comment”