Special occasion restaurant

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Alison S

Special occasion restaurant

Post by Alison S »

We are visiting Tobago in April with my parents to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary. Although we are AI at the Coco Reef we fully intend to get out and sample some of the other restaurants on the island. However, can anyone reccommend somewhere really special for us to take the old folks - they have no problem with trying "local food", but aren't too keen on too much noise, so no steel drums etc!
Andy D
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Eating out

Post by Andy D »

Hi Alison,
I visited Tobago last June and can highly recommend 'Bonkers' (Toucan inn) near Crown point airport,we found the food to be very good indeed and it also had a good atmosphere,definately going to give it another try when we return in April.
Miriam King

Post by Miriam King »

you can't beat the kariwak, its definately a magical place, excellent local food and wonderfull surroundings.fri and sat music though :D
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Patino's at Enchanting waters hotel is really nice, beautiful setting and good food. Amadeus has had mixed reviews on here but we really enjoyed it, there are quite a few steps to climb, but the food is worth it.

Linda
Rob Van Loo

some nice places to eat

Post by Rob Van Loo »

If you want special you should visit Arnos Vale waterwheel (not the hotel) this is a very unique restaurant as it is build in beautiful jungle around the ruines of an old sugarcane factory.
By daylight it is already magical but by night it is incredible. Not cheap....

Another great and special place is Shirvans Watermill (shirvan road) close to Crown Point. This has a very special setting also around an old Watermill. The feel and food are upperclass and so are the prices.
Also great service!!!!!!

Melange near Shirvan watermill has also great food but the setting is not that great.

This are the best restaurants we visisted.

Enjoy your stay.

Rob
Bryn

Try La Tartaruga

Post by Bryn »

We didn't get a chance to as they were closed when we went but will definitely make it on our next trip. I've heard fabulous reviews.

We have been to Patino's.....not impressed
Melange.....again, not impressed
Sea Horse Inn.....good
Jemma's.....AMAZING! Best Lobster I have ever experienced!
Kariwalk...good
Phil P

Dillon's Fish Restaurant

Post by Phil P »

Just arrived home :cry: .

We had an excellent meal a Dillon's fish/seafood resturant in Crown point on Wednesday. Popular, with several nationalities in attendance and mid priced. Suggest you book as we failed to get in the night before as did many others whilst we were there.

The down side - it is at Crown Point and therefore in my humble opinion, the grottyest part of the island. But it is close to the Coco.

Enjoy - we did.

Phil and Lucy

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”