Cafe Delight in Castara

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Joanne Green
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Cafe Delight in Castara

Post by Joanne Green »

Ancle George, who owns the Naturalist Beach has opened an internet cafe. His well-trained kitchen staff serves wonderful breakfasts and varied lunches at a very reasonable price. Espresso and cappuchino are also available. At least once a week, Ancle throws a BBQ party. The price is only $TT100 and includes a bit of booze, fish, chicken and pork or lamb wonderfully cooked on the grill, as well as a multitude of side dishes, all served buffet style. Very good quality. Ancle also provided entertainment. When we were there, he had some locals who played the African drums & were quite talented. Great fun. You don't have to be staying at the Naturalist to attend. Ancle puts up signs and you reserve with the cafe staff.
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

Yum Yum ... and boom boom.

Ancle tells me he is doing these parties on Fridays and Sundays ... so should get my first taster on Sunday, 13th March, just before I collapse into a jet-lag induced coma for my first night.

Thanks for all the updates Joanne ... it's wetting my appetite.

Regards
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature
Emma

Eating in Castara

Post by Emma »

Castara is a great place, although i would not highly recomend the Naturalist Beach resort, the food for the price paid wasn't very good. The drummers are there each Friday and Sunday and you can meet them, they own a stall at Englishmans bay, They are highly talented and there are two small boys aged 7 years who can play very well.
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

From recollection ... here are the facts about Cafe Delight ...

A full breakfast is around $30TT (£3 or $5US). While I was there this was the only venue for breakfast in Castara and they do (nice and strong) freshly ground coffee.

Lunches around $20TT to $40TT (£2 to £4 or $3.50US to $6US) depending on what you choose.

Service can be slow (i.e.; up to half an hour) because food is freshly cooked to order but you have lovely views of Castara beach while you are waiting.

They do not do dinner except the Friday and Sunday bashes which cost $100TT each (£10 or $16US) ... this includes drinks until they run out, all you can eat from freshly barbecued chicken/lamb/fish, rice, veg etc and the drummers thrown in for entertainment.

Based on the above facts and figures ... I hope all readers will form their own opinions as to whether it is poor value or not.

Regards
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”