Clay Kitchen in Castara - recommended

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Emma Hetherington

Clay Kitchen in Castara - recommended

Post by Emma Hetherington »

As the Clay Kitchen has been closed for some time due to Rebecca having a baby - the beautiful 5 month old Liberty - I thought I'd just write a few lines about the restaurant now that it's open again.

The food here is really good, cooked specially for you (so sometimes services is a tad slow) and arrives piping hot. It's the usual Tobagoan fare, fish meat, chicken, lobster etc. with lots of different and interesting veg/curry/rice/salad etc. If you want something special Rebecca will always oblige. If, like me, you don't have an enormous appetite or just can't do justice to the full plateful a smaller helping is also no problem (funnily enough I found this quite difficult to achieve in other places we ate in).

The setting is great but newcomers may find it hard to find as Colin has taken down all the signs - says that if people want to find them they will!!! It's on the road at the bottom of which is the Naturalist, so turn off by Wallace's rum show (signed to the Naturalist) and look out for blue double gates on the right.

Rebecca also makes a MEAN rum punch, but if she's busy her son Bobby is often in charge of the bar and is catching up Mom!!! Colin's usually around and is always ready for a chat - a fund of information on the island, the birds etc. amongst other things - was investigating the Atom Bomb trials of 50 years ago when we were there!

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”