Polo Bar

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Nick

Polo Bar

Post by Nick »

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 28 February 2003

Steve, please tell your friends from Polo-Bar: drive down the air-condition - two times beeing there early in the evening, it was really cold there.....brrrrrrr.
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Polo Bar

Post by Steve Wooler »

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 01 March 2003

Hi Nick

I've forwarded your comments to Charlie Johnson at the Polo Bar. I know what you mean, though. On one occasion that I dined our table was in line with the main output from the A/C and it got a little cold. We mentioned it to Shaun, the barman, and he apologised and quickly adjusted the vents so that we weren't affected. No problem! As you returned at least twice, I'm glad that you enjoyed the Polo Bar. It is such a nice place and deserves to do well.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Charlie Johnson

Polo Bar

Post by Charlie Johnson »

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 01 March 2003

Hi Nick

Really sorry if you are the only person to return from the Caribbean with frostbite. At least you came back so hopefully the food was ok. Your point is totally valid and thank you for making it, you are not alone to have mentioned this. The guys who installed the system said that I needed two units to keep the place cool. I think that if I had installed the second one I would have had to close the bar and open the only indoor ski-slope and skating rink in the Caribbean. If you had been through the English public school system were we had to go for a run and then have a cold bath every morning, even in the middle of winter, you would better understand why the Brits are totally impervious to extremes of temperature. Very glad you enjoyed Tobago.

Hope to see you again.

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”