Any good restuarants near Toucan Inn???

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Adam P

Any good restuarants near Toucan Inn???

Post by Adam P »

Hi,

Me and my wife are off to Tobago soon and will be staying at Toucan Inn. just wondering if there are any good restaurants near serving both international and local cuisine. (walking distance or short taxi journey). Also is it safe to walk to and from restaurants at night?

Many thanks in advance.

Adam
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Adam

Welcome aboard! :lol:

Yes, there are lots of restaurants within 'walking' distance, although it depends upon what you consider a suitable walk. Its safe enough at night, but don't expect streetlighting, although the Crown Point area is always fairly well lit by houses, passing cars, etc.

Full details of the Restaurants are given in our Restaurants guide, available from the Eat & Sleep (naff, I know - but you try and fit 'Accommodation & Restaurants' in that box) menu above. You will want to be looking at restaurants in the Crown Point area and the Toucan Inn is in the blue shaded region.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Steve Pitts
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Steve Pitts »

Hi Adam

Toucan Inn has its own restaurant -look for the reviews of 'Bonkers' and there are also several good places within a 10 - 15 minute stroll. If you prefer a taxi, then it won't cost much either.

Try Ru-B-Lou's at Crown Point and Cafe Coco just off the Pigeon Point Rd. Both have had favourable reviews recently and have their own threads, to give you a flavour of other people's opinions, in this forum section.

Cheers
Steve
Sharon E

Post by Sharon E »

Just for information those travelling in June, Pelican Reef is closed until the 15th June and Dillons Seafood until the 27th June.
Tiff Lynch

coco cafe

Post by Tiff Lynch »

I have just returned from Tobago and can recommend the Coco Cafe as a lovely eating place. The setting is beautiful, the staff friendly and efficient and prices are very resonable. Try some of the cocktails, they are a must.... Have a fantastic trip.
S Smith

Post by S Smith »

Tiff Lynch, i will be visiting tobago next week and was thinking of checking out cafe coco, can you elaborate on the menu and prices as i am on a budget
Tiff Lynch

coco cafe

Post by Tiff Lynch »

S Smith wrote:Tiff Lynch, i will be visiting tobago next week and was thinking of checking out cafe coco, can you elaborate on the menu and prices as i am on a budget
The menu is nicely varied. The starters range from a variety of salads, the usual fish and sorts, then you have soups and a wonderful dish of fish strips with dips. The prices for these range from $10-$20 US. The main courses are as usual fish dishes, I had the battered shrimps in a garlic sauce with salad. Divine is all I can say. They have a nice selection of meats such as chicken and Lamb shank, steaks, etc. again the prices for these are anything from $15 - $25. Depending really on what you have. The presentation of the food is beautiful. I didn't have a sweet as there was so much from the first two courses there was no need. I would say that if you are on a budget, it is one of those places to go to as a little extra treat for urselves. The setting, service and of course the food made it a lovely goodbye meal to my friend who had put me up for the two weeks. The wine is a little expensive by the bottle if I remember, but dont go for that anyway. Go for the cocktails, cheaper and lots nicer. Remember, try and stick to the local places, cheaper and you get the real thing. I will mail my friend if you like to get some more places for you to go to.
Have a fab time. I cant wait to go back in September
S Smith

Post by S Smith »

thanks Tiff, i would love if you let me know where to go, i will only be in tobago for 3 days, but i would like to see the island in that short time

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”