Need help choosing Castara accommodations

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Alisha

Need help choosing Castara accommodations

Post by Alisha »

Hi,

I'm planning my first trip to Tobago for Aug. 3-10. I'm looking to stay in Castara and have narrowed the lodging choices down to four:

1) Naturalist
2) Castara Retreats
3) Castara Beach House
4) Alibaba's Sea Breeze

They all sound wonderful--near/on the beach, great views, clean and comfortable, reasonably priced. So, how to choose? Which one is the nicest? (realizing, of course, that "nicest" is highly subjective) If it helps, we're a couple looking for relaxation, romance and some privacy.

All suggestions (and supporting rationale) welcomed!

Thanks,
Alisha
Joanne Green
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Joanne Green »

Hi Alisha--

I'm totally sold on the Naturalist! It is right on the beach, & the rooms, while not fancy are clean and comfortable. If you can get Kingfish, it's the nicest. It's only US$50/nt., & it has a/c, kitchenette, fold out divan and the greatest sea-view porch ever! The other rooms have not porch. The staff is great & you can get a wonderful (and cheap) breakfast at their cafe. Compare these prices with the other places you're considering. Also, being August, you may find the air conditioning a Godsend!
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

The price for the Kingfish at the Naturalist is now US$65 per night.

Still worth it.

Regards
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature
Julia C.
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Julia C. »

It's all very subjective and I haven't stayed in any of the properties you list, but have seen them.
All will provide relaxation - as much as you want and you'll probably have a great time which ever you choose. Castara Retreats is probably the most private though, closely followed by the Beach House, in my opinion. :D
PaulineC

Post by PaulineC »

Hi Alisha

We stayed at Castara Retreats. Fisherman's Lodge there would be a fantastic romatic hideaway if you could afford it. We stayed in Osprey apartment - lovely for a couple, fab views and very "Caribbean" feel to it, with all modern comforts. Bit of a climb up a steep slope to get to it is the only disadvantage I can think of.

We hope to return next year.

Pauline
Alisha

Thanks for your comments

Post by Alisha »

Thank you all for your comments nad suggestions. I think we're going to go with Castara Retreats, the Fisherman's Lodge (assuming it's available for our dates, keeping our fingers crossed!). My partner saw the website and has fallen in love with the place. :D

Alisha
(less than a month 'til paradise...)
Alisha

Oops!

Post by Alisha »

Oops, I meant the Rainforest Apartment. :D
Pat Murray

The Beach House

Post by Pat Murray »

We just got back last night from Tobago and we stayed at The Beach House. It was just a very short walk down a path to the beach. It is the closest to the beach of any of the ones mentioned. We stayed in Breadfruit, which had a kitchenette. It does not have a/c but we had a breeze and was never hot there. It is very secluded and I would highly recommend it.

Return to “General Accommodation”