To self cater or not??

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Dianne O.

To self cater or not??

Post by Dianne O. »

I just love the term "self cater" by the Brits...the first few times I was reading this forum, I thought what in the world are they talking about. :? In the states, we call it "cooking". (Kind of like the sunshades and umbrellas) I digress.....I have read the restaurant reviews for the few restaurants in Charlotteville and Speyside and I will be staying in C'ville. What is the likelihood that I will have to self-cater? Although, I do love fresh fish and would love to be able to grill on my own. Anyone know if Top of River Pearl has a grill? Other than that, I would prefer to dine out each day for a late breakfast or lunch, and then dinner.
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Dianne O,all the apartments at TRP have basic cooking equipment and there is a communal bbq as well.They do do quite resaonable food at the kitchen and I know they will cook your fish for you.Enjoy yourself give my best to the staff and the children--I'm Uncle David to them.
David(147 togo)
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

and while you are there Dianne you MUST try one of Miss Lyda's rotis!!!
David
Dianne O.

Post by Dianne O. »

Thanks, David! Sounds yummy...I am dying to try a roti. Can't wait....
Andy D
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Andy D »

Dianne you'll love it, Roti is fab, cant wait to go back next Feb and have some more! :D

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”