Spirited trip

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Gary F

Spirited trip

Post by Gary F »

Anyone know whether & where its possible to buy UK-style gin?

On hols our we're Tanquery fiends - although Plymouth's pretty good too! (never drink spirits at home - this is our once a year chance to indulge!)

We'd rather buy locally than cart heavy bottles around Gatwick. And can you buy tonic & limes?

Or if its not available are there any local spirits - rum? - that we can really enjoy with a mixer? - without missing most of the next morning.....
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Gary

No being a spirits drinker, I confess that I don't even know what UK-style Gin is and haven't the remotest idea what brands are available on the island. However, given that the tropics are the home of Gin & Tonic, I would be rather surprised if you couldn't get good brands.

Tonic and limes = NO problem!
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Gary F

Post by Gary F »

Thanks again Steve,

Just in case anyone out there thinks I'm totally mad, by UK gin I meant the style sold in the UK as oppsed to say Dutch gin which is very pungent and to my taste buds - sorry to any Dutch Tobago-philes - rather like an oil slick in your mouth.

Anywhere with tonic & limes must have gin!
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Gary,you can get Gordon,Booth's and Plymouth in Pennysavers and in Fernandez across the road.Tanquery is the most common gin sold in bars.
David(142 days to go)
Gary F

Post by Gary F »

Brilliant David.

Just 5 days to go for our 1st ever visit!\:D/
Andy D
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Andy D »

I also noticed a very good selection of spirits (Inc Gin) in Gormet Foods supermarket, just off the Shirvan Road,in fact it has one of the best selections on the island. Hope you enjoy your first visit Gary. :D

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”