Recommendations for Quiet Spot

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Brandon Fields

Recommendations for Quiet Spot

Post by Brandon Fields »

Hi:
Great site for sharing experiences of Tobago! My wife and I are planning our ifrst trip for 9 days in Tobago first week in February. We are looking for a quiet place with views of the ocean, few people and walkable or drivable to swimmable beach. Based on our experience on other islands we would tend to look on the Carribean side of the island as we love the Caribbean sea. In search so far, we are considering Bamboo Hall Villa, Blue Mango Cottages, bungalow at Blue Waters. A bit concerned based on some posts whether Blue Mango might be too basic, as my wife does not like camping.
Brandon and Kristin Fields
Boulder, Colorado
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Brandon

Welcome aboard! :lol:

I've never visited or seen Bamboo's Hall, so can't comment except to say that Englishman's Bay is very beautiful, but very isolated. Great if you want total quiet and privacy, but you would have to journey down to Castara if you wanted to dine out in the evenings (and for any shopping, etc).

I understand that the Blue Mango cottages could do with some TLC - which is maybe why they are currently for sale. You can certainly get far better value for money in the village.

The Blue Waters Inn is actually on the Atlantic side of the island. However, Batteaux Bay is the epitome over a beautiful Caribbean bay with an excellent beach and swimming, so we're splitting hairs. This is certainly the most 'civilised' of the three options with more varied dining options.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Brandon Fields

Post by Brandon Fields »

Looks like Bamboo's Hall is too far from the beach for us, Blue Mango is too basic for my wife and Blue Waters is not on the Caribbean. Anyone have any other suggestions for a nice quiet spot on the Caribbean side for a couple?
Dianne O.

Post by Dianne O. »

Hi, Brandon. I am leaving this Saturday for my first trip to Tobago and am staying in Charlotteville at Top River Pearl which has received some great reviews. It's basic but comfortable accommodation. I did a lot of research on this site before I chose Charlotteville for my first trip. You might also want to investigate Castara. I understand Castara Retreats is fantastic but they tend to book far in advance but you might want to check. Good luck!

Dianne
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Hi Brandon,Castara is a place worth looking at,it is quiet in that it is not"touristy",yet active in that it is a working,living village.
David

Return to “General Accommodation”