Coco Reef Resort

135 room luxury 4* beachside resort at Crown Point (listing)
Pamela Sutcliffe

Coco Reef Resort

Post by Pamela Sutcliffe »

We have just returned from Coco Reef. The first week of our hol;iday we could not fault the hotel the room overlooked the ocean the service and food were excellent the checkin at the hotel was quick the staff waiting at tables with your name and a cocktail .But this all changed on the second week when families arrived with at least three children each. The hotel could not cope the service and menues deterioted drastically in the restuarants and on the beach.In the evening children fighting in Tamaras restuarant
We could not use any of the free water sports as the children monopolised these.
It was a special ocassion for us trying to book a table in Tamaras is difficult even at 7.00am because some people were allowed to book the night before.
There is one rule for some and one rule for the rest of us in booking tables for the evening. After contacting the management a table was found but this spoilt my birthday.
This is a beautiful hotel but be warned avoid school holidays
Stewart T

Post by Stewart T »

Hi Pamela

Sorry to hear you had such a poor second week. We too were staying at the Coco Reef, from 06 to 20 Feb with our two teenage girls, and can honestly say we did not experience the same drop in standard as you did half-term week.

Our first week was particularly quiet and hence were spoilt for choice re. the watersport facilities – also the beach service was frequent and fast. But, things did liven up considerably the second week with the arrival of many younger children and agree it became harder, though not impossible, to secure the watersports equipment.

I am appalled you experienced fighting children in Tamaras. That is not acceptable anywhere. The youngsters in our party (of 17) ate at the less formal Bacchanals every night except the eve of my wife’s 50th birthday when we all ate together. I agree with Steve W that Tamaras should remain a child-free zone after a certain time, allowing those to dine in peace and quiet should they so choose.

We never had a problem booking Tamaras. We began our ‘stay’ booking at 7:30 after breakfast, but that soon slipped and we were still managing to book at lunchtime – and that was for eight people. Booking the night before is certainly ‘out of order’ and am disappointed the hotel seem to bend the rules for a few.

I hope this has not left too bad an after taste, and can only reiterate we (all) had a fabulous two weeks at the hotel.

With kind regards – Stewart
Pamela Sutcliffe

Post by Pamela Sutcliffe »

Hi Stewart
Generally we did not have a problem booking a table for 2 in Tamaras as we went to breakfast shortly after 7.00am. The problem was on the night of my 60th birthday we wanted to book a table for 4 having invited 2 guests we had met at the hotel to dine with us on this occasion. We could not see why they could not put two tables together .
I hope you had your bed decorated on your wife's 50th birthday our bed looked beautifully decorated and a lovely bouquet of flowers and champagne arrived at the door.
We loved the hotel and Tobago is a beautiful unspoilt island but would make sure next time we went it was outside school holidays .
We recognised your picture we spoke to you on the beach one morning
Stewart T

Post by Stewart T »

Hi Pamela

Yes, our bed was decorated, four times in fact – on arrival, Feb 14th, on Claire’s birthday, and our last night.

I agree, the hotel is lovely and Tobago is beautiful. We look forward to when we too can travel outside the school holiday period!

With kind regards – Stewart

Return to “Coco Reef Resort”