Wedding Anniversary

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
David Payne

Wedding Anniversary

Post by David Payne »

I've just joined this excellent forum after "lurking" for a while - it really is excellent. Full marks Steve.

My wife and I are going to Tobago for the first time and will be celebrating our Wedding Anniversary out there and would appreciate names of restaurants that you particularly favour for such an occassion - beachside would be great. I've looked at the Main Menu for restaurants but there are so many to chose from. My good lady doesn't care for fish apart from Tiger Prawns and prefers beef, lamb, chicken etc.

I don't think transport will be a problem so any suggestions please?

Dave
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Hello David,You don't say where you are staying,because there are restaurants all over the Island and it would be silly to list them all for you.
David :D
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello "Lurker" David

Welcome aboard and thanks for the kind words. :lol:

You don't say where you are staying - or at least in which region you are staying - so it makes it difficult to mention possibilities.

Whilst fish is a mainstay of most restaurants, all the "high class" international restaurants will also have a range of meat dishes. Also, you'll find that the search facility on the Restaurants introductory page cuts through the list pretty efficiently. If you run a search choosing your region (regions 1 or 2 for most visitors) and "Formal Fine Dining", for example, in the Restaurant Type category and "International" in the Cuisine Style - you will find a VERY much shorter list.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Tracey Wyatt

Wedding Anniversary

Post by Tracey Wyatt »

Hello David

We have just returned from Tobago and went out for a few meals. Although we did not visit The Seahorse Restaurant in Grafton we heard very good reports of it both from fellow holidaymakers and locals.

Alternatively, how about a sunset dinner cruise just you and your wife - how romantic is that?

Tracey
David Payne

Post by David Payne »

Hello David, We'll be staying around the Lower/Upper Caribbean area, so yes, there does seem to be far too many eateries to list. Just taken Steve's advice and searched Formal and International so that does bring the search down.

Thanks
Dave
David Payne

Post by David Payne »

Hello Steve and thanks for the welcome, It will be the Lower/Upper Carribean area although, for this special occasion, I would hope to book a taxi so distance isn't too much of a problem (unless the taxi doesn't turn up). Thanks for the Search Tips, very useful and a much shorter list. At least I will be well catered for with my love of fish.

Lurker Dave
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi David

Seahorse Inn would be my first choice for a celebration dinner.

Although distances are not great in Tobago, travelling times can be. Therefore, there's little point in spoiling the evening out by having too long a drive over dark, bumpy, twisty roads on the return to your accommodation. So, best to find somewhere within 10-15 minutes max of your hotel/villa. That will give you huge scope as long as you are staying somewhere in the Crown Point-Plymouth-Scarborough triangle.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
David Payne

Re: Wedding Anniversary

Post by David Payne »

Hello Tracey, Yes, I believe the Seahorse appears in the Formal/International catergory on this forum - good to hear that it has recent favourable reports - thank you for that.

The sunset dinner cruise does sound romantic, I'm sure my wife would approve, but I'd be a little wary of the perhaps limited selection of menu?

Dave
Tracey Wyatt

Wedding Anniversary

Post by Tracey Wyatt »

That might be a problem but you could always email an operation such as "Island Girl" and ask them to suggest the type of dishes they could offer - they may even be able to create a special menu for you - They had a proper galley kitchen on board when we were on our recent boat trip with them.

I would be very impressed if my husband organised this as a surprise!!
David Payne

Post by David Payne »

Hello Steve, guess the Seahorse Inn has got to be first on the list. Thanks for the help.

Dave
David Payne

Re: Wedding Anniversary

Post by David Payne »

Hello Tracey, I read your post about the Island Girl trip and it sounded as though you had a good time. Maybe this is something to consider but I think for the daytime. Many thanks for your suggestions.

Dave

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”