GOING ON A BUDGET

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Michelle Edwards

GOING ON A BUDGET

Post by Michelle Edwards »

Hi There,

With all the current troulbles at the moment we decided we needee cheering up so have decided we are going to Tobago! We booked the flight yesterday, and are going on the 3rd May as this is a last minute decision we are doing it on a budget, quite a tight one! We have decided to stay at either the Hummingbird Hotel, Coconut Inn or Sandy Point Village all in the Crown Point area and comparible on price. Has anyone stayed at any of these places and offer their opinion?

I have used this sight many times go give out info. check accomodation and give my opinion on the Rex and Tobago in gerneral. We are going to Tobago for Christmas/New Year and staying atird Birdies Nest and will post my humble opinion on my return! (By the way Steve thanks for your report informing us of the changes at Birdies Nest we have checked with the owners and have had our minds set at ease)

Any advise on the afore mentioned establishments would be appreciated.

Tobago her I come (Again)
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Going on a Budget

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Michelle

Indeed, where could be better to cheer one up than Tobago? I’ve never stayed at or visited any of the three hotels you mention, but here are a few comments that may be of some help.

The Hummingbird Hotel is located in Crown Point out of site of the beach but within a couple of minutes drive of Store Bay (down by the Toucan Inn). My own correspondence with the owners gives me good vibes about the friendliness and hospitality of the place.

I’ve never even seen the Coconut Inn and can’t even think where it’s located. Neither have I ever seen any comments about it, either good or bad.

The Sandy Point Village has a poor reputation, specifically related to the attitude of management and staff. Its ocean-front setting is an advantage, but the beach is small and rocky and most people will walk to Store Bay in preference. If you’re thinking of this place, you would be better to consider the adjacent Sandy Point Beach Club.

Hope this helps and be sure to let us know which you choose and what you think of it, plus your report of Birdie’s Nest at the end of the year.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Michelle Edwards

ON A BUDGET

Thanks Steve.

I have requested availabity at all three, I have received replies to my enquiries for both Hummingbird and Coconut, however nothing from Sandy Point Village, which matches what you said. I will see if anyone else has any comments or heard of the Cocnunt Inn, if not, Humming bird here I come. Reading your comments combined with the lack of response I have received from Sandy point Village I will definatley be staying there.

Do you know what the entrance fee to Pigeon Point is at the moment? I heard it had risen?

Thanks again for your help and assistence and I will let you know my opinion on whichever accomodation I choose when I return.
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi again Michelle

I haven't checked, but I distinctly remember some posts a week or so ago from someone saying that they were unable to make contact with the Sandy Point Village. It might be worth having a look in the forum Accommodation/Sandy Point Village .

Club Pigeon Point now charge TT$18 (£2) per person admission. You might wish to read my write up on Pigeon Point in http://www.myTobago.info/beaches.php - this is another case of people with 'attitude'. It's no wonder that some visitors are calling it Stalag Pigeon Point. You certainly won't get me ever visiting the place again.

Best Wishes
Last edited by Steve Wooler on Mon May 29, 2006 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Michelle Edwards

Pigeon Point

Wow! I have just read your review on Pigeon Point and I am shocked and disssapointed at what has happened. As you are aware we were in Tobago Christmas New Year 2001/2 and can not believe Pigeon Point has changed so much. The only 'bad' thing prior to this was that it would get a little crowed at weekends, what a terrible thing have happened to such a beautiful place. In protest I may have to spend a couple of days on the public beach right next to the tree which separates Pigeon Point and the public beach. I can lie on a beach for in a good cause, tough job, but I suppose someone has to sunbath in paradise to prove a point, I know its a toough job but I will try and hold up! Thanks again for your info.
Michelle Edwards

Coconut Inn

Hi Steve,

Just to let you know that we have decided to stay at The Coconut Inn, we found a very positive review on 'Tripadvisor', I will let you know what I think on my return.

Thanks again for your help and advise

Michelle

PS; Ignore nasty emails as they generally come from nasty people. This site is invaluble and a credit to you.

Return to “General Accommodation”