Great Places to Stay

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Graham

Great Places to Stay

Post by Graham »

Having just recently returned from a trip to Trinidad & Tobago, travelling around staying at various different places. Two of the most outstanding places I stayed at were McEachnies Haven in Grande Riviere, where I stayed for a few days to see the Leatherbacked turtles coming to lay their eggs, a wonder experience I might add. this little guest house is popular with Trini's and also has a bar that is popular with the locals (cheap beer!). The food is local and of a high standard and to cap it all the owner's son Deon runs Eco/sightseeing tours and I can honstley say that the day my partner & I spent with Deon was one of the hilights of our holiday. Deon is a lovely chap who has a genuine love for nature and a great deal of local knowledge to share. You can do worse than have a look at their website at http://www.mchaventt.com

Moving onto Tobago, if all your looking for is an all in resort where you are herded into BLD and wear a wrist strap to get free drinks then don't bother reading on. However if you want to stay at what I consider to be one of the best places on Tobago then I strongly recommend Cuffie River Eco Lodge. :D Regina & Antony the owners of Cuffie River were splendid hosts, greeting us on arrival in person and offering advice readily on places to visit. On one particular day not only taking us at no expense to the beach but also providing us with a wonderful lunch as well. The standard of accommodation was first class and the food wonderful. Regina & Antony have high standards and it shows in the way that Cuffie River is run. We then moved onto Blue Waters Inn :x for a few days and the standards were woeful in comparison to Cuffie River in every department. Blue Waters may have their own beach but that doesn't mean you can get away with indifferent staff and bloody awful food.

Return to “General Accommodation”