Food

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Sue Galloway

Food

Post by Sue Galloway »

hey everyone,new to this and will be new to Tobago September next year! My sister and I have booked for the Turtle Beach Black Rock on a room only basis.Could anyone advise us as to whether there are any restaraunts near here,or even a take away? We realise we can eat on the premises but are given to understand it will be expensive...maybe all inclusive would work out better......any advice would be most welcome thanks all
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Food

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Sue

Welcome aboard! :D

Sorry to dissapoint you, but the nearest village (Black Rock) is almost a mile away and there are no useful restaurants there. The nearest restaurants are at Pleasant Prospect, the next village down, and about 2 miles from the Turtle Beach. Taxis from the hotel rip guests off, so it would be expensive. If going on a room basis, you would need to hire a car as well - but this happens to be the best way to experience the island, so is a good idea in itself. What you save on food at the hotel could easily pay for the car rental.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Sue Galloway

Post by Sue Galloway »

Oh no.......we don't drive.....ok any ideas of the price for food at Turtle Beach...need to weigh this up and maybe a trip to the travel agent re all inclusive!!
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Sorry, Sue, I have no knowledge of that. I think your best bet by far would be to go All Inclusive - after all, it doesn't stop you taking a taxi out to a restaurant now and again.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Boergen
myTobago Rookie
myTobago Rookie

Post by Boergen »

I like chines food but i like to eat vegetables and fruits.I don't eat fast food too much because it has harmful effects on our body and health.So we should always eat healthy food for health.
Boergen
MMichealB
myTobago Rookie
myTobago Rookie

Post by MMichealB »

It is good to explore the city. Hire a taxi driver and ask him they are your best guides.
chino hills boot camp

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”