Sherwood Park Apartments

A hospitable apartment house in Carnbee (listing)
M Doolan

Sherwood Park Apartments

Post by M Doolan »

My partner and I recently spent 2 weeks here. We were met at the airport by Nigel. On arrival at the apartment we had essentials like bread, o/juice, eggs, butter, etc., waiting for us in the fridge - a nice touch! The apartments are set in their own tropical garden and are large and spacious and equipped with everything you need. The supermarket is a 10-15 minute walk away although Nigel supplies a grocery delivery service for a small charge which is invaluable! - especially if you have been at the beach all day enjoying the most of the sunshine. Nigel and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful and nothing is ever too much trouble. They provide information about everything and they have a team of regular taxi drivers who charge a set fee to take you virtually anywhere you want to go. 'Too Sweet' is a diamond! We found the seclusion of the aparments ideal although they may prove too quiet for some. It was great sitting on the balcony of an evening drinking a bottle of wine and watching the birds fly over - even spotted an owl a couple of times! The apartments are cleaned daily to a high standard. We were the only English couple in the apartments but we didn't feel out of place - in fact we quite enjoyed it. I hate to say it but during the day at Pigeon point we heard a lot of English people in the bar moaning and groaning about everything and swearing like troopers and we were actually quite pleased we were the only english couple at our apartments. We met a lovely dutch couple and had a couple of great nights out with them. Tobago is a beautiful island and virtually everything grows on trees - almonds, cashews, mangos, guavas, cherries, plums, bananas, coconuts (the green ones are lovely!), and on it goes! Oh the milk shakes from JJ's at Pigeon Point are also superb! With Nigel and the staff and taxi drivers being so helpful we were able to experience several very personal tours and experienced things that some holidaymakers wouldn't even know about. For example our taxi driver 'Too Sweet' told us about a steel drum competition in Scarboro' one night which was actually the heats for the Panorama Competion in Trinidad and what a night we had! We were two out of about six tourists that night and really experienced local life. In fact a couple of locals took us clubbing afterwards and they really looked after us - we danced the night away. I could go on forever about our experiences but you really have to go there and experience it for yourself. I previously worked on cruise ships for five years and have travelled the world extensively. I think Tobago may have just cured me - I have no desire to experience any more new places - Tobago really is paradise and we will definitely be returning to Sherwood Park Next Year. Probably for our honeymoon, since Gary asked me to marry him whilst we were there - he obviously loved it too!

Maggie and Gary
Dover, Kent, September 2003
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Maggie & Gary

Welcome to the ATN (Association of Tobago Nuts) and congratulations on your engagement on beautiful Tobago.

We have been receiving brilliant reports about the Sherwood Park Apartments ever since we launched myTobago.info 18 months ago. In fact, I was so intrigued that I visited it, for a walk around, during my last visit last January. I was so impressed that we decided to stay there on our next trip (Jan/Feb 2004) so that we could do a full review for myTobago. It’s therefore of very great comfort to see your report and that of Indy, a few days ago. We’re only interested in reviewing “good” places, so feedback like yours all helps support our decision.

As you now know, you couldn’t ask for a nicer more romantic place to get married that Tobago.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
M Doolan

Sherwood Park Apartments

Post by M Doolan »

Hi Steve,

You will have a great time at Sherwood Park since it really does come naturally to all the staff there to be so helpful. Make sure you ask for 'Too Sweet' if you need a taxi anywhere. He really is a great guy and just likes to ensure that everyone appreciates his beautiful island.

I would love to get married in Tobago. Unfortunately I have too many friends and family that would be very upset if I did get married abroad. However, that said, it's also a perfect place for a honeymoon.

Maggie
Peter Weppner

sherwood park app

Post by Peter Weppner »

:D Hi everyone, We (my wife(Ida) and I (Peter) just spent a second honeymoon (4-10 march) at Tobago at Sherwood Park and we loved it.
The island is like the bounty-islands you only see on postcards and Sherwood Park is super. I totally agree with Mike and Maggie that is a once in alifetime experience. Nigel helped me topick out a romantic setting and restaurant for march 7th (our anniversary day), because what I wanted (a butler and a table for to on a deserted beach) was not possible at that short notice, where we had a fantastic dinner night (Sea Horse Inn) and off course we were driven there by Too Sweet in his luxury Lexus. We were lazy and intended toe relax, although we played golf three times on both courses and I did 4 dives. Everything arranged with the help from the Sherwood Park staff.
regards Peter & Ida
Suzette Eeltink

Wonderful stay at the Sherwood Park Apartments

Post by Suzette Eeltink »

Last Friday we had have a wonderful beach day at Tobago before I had to catch the plane back to Amsterdam. Unfortunately we spent only 4 days at this beautiful island. We stayed in a lovely apartment in Sherwood Park Apartments, Carnbee. We came from Surinam so this was the best place I could imagine to relax and enjoy the beautiful beaches. The staff of Sherwood Park were all so friendly and helpful. Nigel gave us very good advise about all well worth visiting spots on the island and Andy arranged his brother's car for us while there was a shortage of cars, so great!! Every night we came back from one of our trips we went to the supermarket nearby to do some groceries. The fresh fruits and vegetables from the little stands along the way and the fresh fish we bought at the beach tasted deliciously. In our fully equiped kitchen we could prepare the most tastful dishes. At night we sat on our balcony enjoyed the stars en the lovely breeze from the sea. We felt very sad because we didn't want to go home last Friday. The good part is that we really come back again! This is such a wonderful place! Kind regards, Suzette and Vincent.

Return to “Sherwood Park Apartments”