Coco Reef

135 room luxury 4* beachside resort at Crown Point (listing)
Tim

Coco Reef

Post by Tim »

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 02 November 2002

Excellent website, truly informative. We are going to the Coco Reef for the first time in early December. A wee bit disappointed to see that afternoon tea is not part of the all inclusive package. Then again you can eat too much!! I noted the comments on towels being placed in strategic positions. Are there plenty of other shady places rather than on the beach? Secondly, are US dollars accepted in Tobago? I would also appreciate confirmation that all passengers disembark at Grenada on the outbound flight. Any advice would be much appreciated. PS I promise to provide a review on my stay. TTFN.
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 02 November 2002

Hi Tim

Thanks for you compliment, kind sir.

Yes, I agree that it was a surprise that afternoon tea isn’t part of the all-inclusive package, but to be frank (and as much as I’ve got a sweet tooth) we never even considered tea ourselves. To be honest, the danger is that you spend so much time eating that you cease to have time to do anything else.

There are lots of places to sit in the shade, other than on the beach. Please exercise great caution before sitting under coconut trees – unless you want to risk a headache.

US dollars are accepted throughout the island, but you are always liable to ‘rounding up’ and conversion errors, so I would recommend paying in local currency whenever possible – your change will always be given in local anyway. You might want to see our Currency & Banking page for more information on this subject.

Which airline are you flying with? Monarch flights do disembark at Grenada for about 1½ hours, whilst the plane is cleaned and re-stocked for the direct flight back to the UK from Tobago. I don’t know about the BA flights.

We look forward to your review of the Coco Reef and every other aspect of your visit. Have a great time.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Fred

Post by Fred »

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 10 November 2002

Hi Tim We stayed at the Coco Reef in March this year and were impressed with the hotel itself and its services. We were disappointed at the breakwater which restricts the view over the bay and at being somewhat "fenced" in. If you fly BA through Grenada then you do not disembark. Actaully when we went Tobago was first stop but I think this was going to change. I would recommend paying in local currency. For a true feel go to Pidgeon Point. Although there is a small cover charge to gain access to the beach and facilities it is real Caribbean and you will get better deals there for tours than from the hotel. If you go to Store Bay just 5 mins walk from the hotel look for Terry he will look after any snorkelling fishing trips to the reef etc.. again the local people are really friendly and straight with you..you don't have to pay through the nose in the hotel. Have a great time we did... Rgds

Return to “Coco Reef Resort”