Coco Reef Resort - Reader Reports & Opinion
Coco Reef - Lots Of Questions
Johnathan D. Red
Complete newbie here, but have thoroughly enjoyed reading through all of the posts.
My wife and I are planning on visiting Coco Reef later this month with our 2 young children (both are under . We have a few questions, hopefully you can provide some assistance.
1. Our stay includes breakfast, how much should be budget for lunches and dinner daily if eating at Tamara's (dinner) or Bachanals (lunch) ?
2. Dress code for Tamara's - I have read through numerous posts on this, but couldn't find the answer - if I were to wear slacks, collared shirt and closed-toed dress sandals, would this be acceptable ? Or do I need to wear actual shoes ?
3. Any recommendations for restaurant's within walking distance of the resort ?
4. How good is the room service ? Is it the same as Tamara's or another menu ?
5. How busy is the hotel in the July/August timeframe ? Are there a lot more kids at that time ?
Thanks in advance, looking forward to the replies.
My First Holiday Outside The Eu
I am after your comments if possible - after 26 years of living with a dreadful phobia of flying I have spent some months attending analytical therapy which has lessened my fear enough for me to consider getting on a plane to see the world!
To celebrate (and have a second honeymoon) my husband and I are planning to book the Coco Reef for April next year with 2 friends. I have always wanted to visit the caribbean in particular to see white beaches, clear sea and amazing wildlife.
Tobago leapt out as the place for me as soon as I read some info on this site.
Basically, what I am asking is:
1) Will Tobago live up to my expectations, it is a lot of money to spend on a holiday and will be my first experience of long haul - so it needs to be good!
2) Is the Coco Reef the place for us? We are all in our late 20's and 30's but enjoy quiet, relaxed days, a bit of sightseeing and nice meals with a good bottle of wine rather than clubs and nightlife!
3) I am not looking for the height of luxury but cleanliness, friendliness and good food are important considerations when booking a holiday - some reviews of CCR are great and others awful which makes me nervous!
Thanks in advance for your help.
me and my bride to be are getting wed in may at coco reaf and have read that the is a dress code . Do the ladys have to were closed toe shoes or not and are ther any other dress codes we should be awere of?
I last visited the Coco Reef with my husband in 2004 for a much needed long planned holiday. We absolutely loved Tobago and the CR. Unfortunately, three days after we arrived my mother-in-law died and we had to cut short our trip and return to the uk. We are going back in May to finish the holiday we missed but I have been a little worried by negative reviews on "other sites". Are there any recent visitors to the CR who can reassure me that the hotel is as wonderful as it was in 2004?
PS Steve loved mytobago first time round and delighted to see you are still providing such helpful info.
Coco Reef Honeymoon Visit Iminent!!!
I have just been looking at your site (should really be working...Ha Ha)
We are off to Tobago on the first part of our honeymoon on 1st Feb!
We have been to Tobago before, but stayed at the Hilton (have added a report - albeit a bit late). But after reading the comments on this site I am really excited about going to the Coco Reef and reckon we have made the best choice!
Will post a report when we get back!
Scott & Leyla Charlton