Crown Point Beach Hotel - Reader Reports & Opinion
Lorraine from U.S.A. visited in April 2014 and awarded
We had an overnight stay at the Crown Point Beach Hotel. We arrived early and a room wasn't ready for us, however the Reservations Supervisor, Ms. Vidya Balgobin, came to our rescue and she secured a wonderful ocean front cabana for us complete with a crib for our baby. She made us feel really special and addressed ALL of our concerns. WE had a wonderful time in a clean, and well maintained facility. Thank you sooooo very much. I highly recommend this resort!
Leo Chanchow from Trinidad visited in March 2014 and awarded
My wife and I enjoyed our stay. Location was ideal. Staff including Security were courteous and professional. Pool side bar and snack service was very good. I would have rated extremely satisfied but my first impression at the reception desk left a lot to be desired.
Kelwyn Branford from U.S.A. visited in March 2014 and awarded
I stayed at the Crown Pointe Beach Hotel for 5 nights. The pluses for this hotel are:
- Convenient location. It's adjacent to the beach at Store Bay, which has several small eating establishments. Store Bay is very popular and you should plan to get there by noon if you want to get an umbrella/chaise rental. Many boats depart to Buccoo Reef and Nylon Pool from this beach. The hotel is also within walking distance of the airport and various restaurants.
- Excellent view of the ocean.
- There is a restaurant in the hotel.
- Very friendly and helpful staff.
- Although the rooms are clean they aren't modern and need updating.
- There are no safes in the rooms.
- Internet wifi is free however the signal is weak and basically requires you to go to the lobby to obtain a signal.
Jack Couperus from Canada visited in February 2014 and awarded
The property is beautiful and well maintained. Facilities are kept reasonably clean but bedding, curtains etc. are getting tired and would benefit from a change.
Service at front desk is sullen and would benefit from friendliness. The restaurant should be closed. The reason it has no customers is that the menu is pretentious and the prices are high the service is very poor. I realize the hotel does not operate the restaurant but its presence does not look good for the hotel.
The hotel is old, yes, the pool and front lobby have been upgraded but the studios and cabanas need a renovation program, like. 2015 replace windows, 2016 replace plumbing and fixtures, 2017 redo the kitchens.etc. These are only examples of what I mean but those three things would improve the facility. I think my suggestions would make the hotel more "slick" and competitive with more star hotels, but that is something for which I have absolutely no need, no cash, or desire.
These expenses may cause price increase. I think prices are already inflated and the value for what you pay in terms of service, cleanliness do not exist.
Having said all the above, if there are no changes (including price) I will continue to come there for more years. I can live with the limitations because of its one most significant asset, LOCATION!
from Sweden visited in February 2014 and awarded
The hotel is very relaxing and itīs the second times we stayd there.The beaches nearby is wonderful.
The food is very good and pool is nice.
We has visit Tobage 3 times and we will come back.