Duke Robinson Guest House - Reader Reports & Opinion
Jamison & Marisa from Trinidad visited in November 2012 and awarded
If you are looking for a reasonably priced, clean, simple place to rest your head at night then this is the place for you. We stayed in one of their Seaview Apartments which was a pretty simple room including an AC Unit, a very very small tv, stove, dishes, cutlery, pots, refrigerator, sink, toaster, hot and col shower. However I do have some major and minor complaints:
1. Lack of proper parking for more than 1 vehicle. The first night we parked in a single parking lot next to the house. The next day another new guest with a vehicle was given that spot. We had to park in the street, that is unacceptable.
2. No Microwave in our kitchenette area.
3. AC unit had a lot of dust, looked like it had not been cleaned in a very very long time. This was a problem for my wife, had her constantly sneezing.
4. The shower head was not working properly, it barely pushed water.
5. The location is sort of out of the way. Guests have to drive on the long forested Plymouth road to get to the guest house. In the night time this road is lonely and dark at some points. The other route involves passing on the highway then taking shirvan road which is a little better but still some distance nonetheless. The guest house is located on a narrow road.
Some of my complaints may not apply to some persons, its really based on your individual needs but we will be looking for a better Guest House next time around.
Faith from Trinidad visited in July 2012 and awarded
I spent two nights at Duke's House with my boyfriend and left feeling extremely happy. We stayed in the Bachelor's apartment which, while small was very comfortable as it had its own kitchenette, hot water, cable tv and air condition. Just outside there is a beautiful view of the beach. Transport and laundry services were also available
Colin And Sue from U.K. visited in February 2012 and awarded
We have just returned from yet another fantastic stay in Tobago. We have stayed at this guest house regularly for
many years and cannot recommend this establishment highly
enough. Duke, Dorleen and family are the most hospitable
hosts you are likely to meet and nothing is too much trouble
for them, they genuinely enjoy having guests. They are always
available to help and you feel very safe in their very clean
and comfortable home. We will miss them ... until next year.
Evelyn from U.K. visited in August 2011 and awarded
I stayed in Apartment 1 beautiful views to the Ocean, the sound of the waves and birds singing in the morning....HEAVEN! Dorleen and her family are wonderful, and very helpful...loved it sooo much I back this May with a few friends!! Can't wait!!
Thank you Dorleen and Family. See you soon.
Uta Uchegbu from Germany visited in January 2011 and awarded
This time (and I've been at Duke's many times before) we came as a group of eight - family and friends. And again we had that feeling, we couldn't have chosen a better place to spend our holidays. Apart from enjoying a spacious, clean, well-equipped flat (which can easily bed devided into several units with their own bathroom), we practically lived on a large porch, overlooking the beach. We just had to pass a small property on a little path, to be on this beautiful, nearly untouched Turtle Beach. We felt well-cared for by Dorleen and Duke, who would also arrange any kind of Tobago-Trips you wld. want. This is also a good opportunity of saying thanks again, and:"We'll be back!" Uta