Blue Haven Hotel - Summary Description
55 room Resort. Reader Satisfaction Rating
The boutique-style 4+* Blue Haven Hotel reopened at the end of 2001 following a 25-year closure. Major restoration has returned the hotel to its former glory, retaining a traditional colonial style and ambiance in an attempt to recreate past glories when the hotel was a popular retreat for film stars and royalty. The Blue Haven overlooks beautiful Bacolet Bay on the Atlantic coast of Tobago, just a few miles past Scarborough.
We stayed at the Blue Haven Hotel in 2003 and again in 2007. It is undoubtedly Tobago's premier boutique luxury hotel and we can totally recommend it to those looking for the very highest standards of comfort and luxury and to those who want the particular ambience of a smaller luxury hotel.
Click on the tabs at the top and bottom of this listing to access the following information pages about Blue Haven Hotel:
- Features: location information, room/rental rates, contact details, features and facilities
- Map: an interactive satellite map showing the exact location of the property
- Review: a detailed myTobago review of the property (click any photo to enlarge)
- Reports: real-world reports of the property written by guests who have stayed there
- Add Report: if you have stayed at this property, please share your experiences, good or bad
- Email: send an email directly to the property via our reader enquiry service (not via myTobago)
Provided by the owners or extracted from their website at www.bluehavenhotel.com
Royals and film stars have been drawn to the historic Blue Haven Hotel since the 1940's. It is said to be the site where Robinson Crusoe was stranded in 1659, according to Defoe's celebrated novel.
Extensively renovated this glamorous and romantic property combines the restored tradition of the old days with modern facilities. All 55 rooms offer breathtaking ocean views as the hotel is surrounded on three sides by the sea.
Elegant rooms overlook the sea and are so awash in the sunlight that they positively glow. The view from every room is a study in blue.' Conde Nast Traveller, July 2001, US-Edition
At Blue Haven Hotel, we boast of 55 superior and deluxe rooms including 10 suites designed with elegance for your maximum comfort.
All accommodations offer private balconies with a breathtaking ocean view.
Other features at Blue Haven include:
- A main restaurant at our colonial style villa
- Lounge/terrace bar
- Beach facilities with a beach bar
- A pool overlooking the ocean
- Our fitness area
- Children's playground
- Tennis court
- Golf courses nearby
Approximate size including bathroom and balcony:
- Superior: 370 square feet
- Deluxe: 410 square feet
- Suite: 520 square feet
- Meeting / Conference room for 60 to 80 people
- Unforgettable weddings
- Romantic honeymoon programs
- Golf and tennis packages
- Deep sea fishing
- Scuba diving and snorkeling
- Boat charters
- Rainforest hikes and bird watching tours
- Carnival fetes
- Family programs
- Folklore shows
- Calypso soca
Further information is available on our own website