Le Grand Courlan Spa Resort - Reader Reports & Opinion
Rianna from Trinidad visited in November 2011 and awarded
I spent one night at Le Grand, and I am glad it was just one night cause I could not have handled more than that. I must commend and criticise in these areas
1) My party arrived early and was allowed to check in before our stipulated check in time. However, we were left to search the entire compound for our rooms in the rain since it seems they only had one staff member designated to direct us to the rooms and they were at another part of the hotel and didn't want to come through the rain. (seems umbrellas don't exist at Le Grand Courland).
2) After about a half hour search of climbing stairs, walking through the rain, making circles, asking housekeepers for direction while carrying our luggage. We found our rooms. The room was inviting. AC worked fine, a nicely made bed and a lovely sea view. However, out of the 12 channels on the television all was distorted and unable to look at. Also, when I tried closing back the sliding glass at night, it was stuck.
3) At 3pm we went down for afternoon tea. The bartender seemed she wasn't interested in serving us. At one point there was no one at the bar to serve us. After we placed the request for tea which was on our All Inclusive package. To my disappointment, an unappealing tea plate of a tiny little piece of sandwich and thin slice of sweat bread was given to us.
4) After we went to relax by the pool area. The lounge chairs were wet so we looked for someone to wipe them for us. They gave us a wet piece of cloth to do it ourselves. We didn't have any problem doing it ourselves at least they could have given us a dry piece of cloth.
5) Dinner was great, food was exceptional. However we never had breakfast cause it arrived late and we had to leave to attend to other engagements. This was poor since the hotel had alot of business guests and most had to leave to by 8am to attend to business.
I went on a business trip this visit, I usually go Tobago on vacation and I know Le Grand would not be my choice.
Jon Perez from U.S.A. visited in October 2011 and awarded
Great stay at the le grand courlan!!! It was a bit quiet because supposedly it is slower this time of the year. But I would take peace and quiet over a noisy and overcrowded resort...any day! We spent the days on the beach or by the pool and then evenings we spent staring at the ocean from our ocean view room. You canít go to Tobago and not get an ocean view room....the views are dreamy. I would say the other great thing about this hotel are the views from their restaurant veranda. At night, it is quite romantic because you can see the ocean glistening in the darkness. And during the day, well, just beautiful never-ending ocean views.
Shelley Braithwaite from Trinidad visited in September 2011 and awarded
I am a little late on my report but nefore staying here i was a bit apprehesive reading some of d past reviews of this resort however every single detail was above and beyond my expectation, staff was polite, helpful & courteous, d room was impeccably kept, d atmosphere was quiet & relaxing. the staff at d restaurants were extremely friendly especially a gentleman by the name of andall(not sure if i spelt it corectly) i would definitely return and recommend persons to stay here
Adita from Trinidad visited in March 2011 and awarded
My husband and I were originally booked at Grafton Beach resort but we were upgraded to the Le Grand. We really appreciated the upgrade because the facilities at Le Grande were really great! The resort was more private than Grafton as well since it catered to couples. The rooms were very comfortable and cleaned daily! The only issue we had was the food, since we took the all inclusive package and found that there wasnt much variety each day. Because of the small number of guests they didnt have buffet but a limited A la Carte menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner... The food was good though but we preferred variety especially after paying for the All inclusive package! We used the pool and gym facilties at Le Grand and the squash court at the sister resort! We also had lovely views of the ocean from the room!
Isobel McEwen from U.K. visited in March 2011 and awarded
We stayed at Le Grand Courlan Spa resort for one night at the end of our holiday in Tobago. I expected the hotel to be of a good standard and it was. On arrival we had a massage in the spa which was very relaxing. Our room was spacious and had all the facilities you would expect in a good hotel. We did not eat in the hotel but went to one of the local restaurants overlooking the beach. Unfortunately, we didn't see any turtles! About 5 minutes drive from the hotel there is a wildlife sanctuary where they feed the birds every afternoon and it is worth a visit.
The hotel has a beautiful big pool which we did not have time to use and also a restaurant and bar overlooking the pool. The staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel is in a good location and is close to the airport so getting to the airport for early morning flights isn't a problem.