Trinidad food

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Julia D

Trinidad food

Post by Julia D »

I know this site is devoted to Tobago, but I can't not review the food in Trinidad because it was so delicious!

The food at Chinkey's Nite Bites opposite Smokey and Bunty's in St James, Port of Spain was incredible (we ate there 4 out of 6 nights), and really cheap ($18TT for a box of delicious vegetables in various curry sauces and a roti skin to dip in). They do meat as well, but there was never enough room in my box for that! I'd make the trip across to Trinidad purely to go here!

The doubles in Independence Sq, POS are pretty incredible too! ($2TT each).

There's a bakery in Excellent City Mall, POS that does delicious coconut drops and currant rolls.

Delcie's bake and shark at Maracas Bay was heavenly too.

In terms of bars in POS, St James is a good area for liming, although it is slightly rough round the edges. We went to Smokey and Bunty's a few times, which was quite a cool little place. For a safer feel, Jenny's on the Boulevard (Cipriani Blvd) is good (more of a professional crowd) and the bar at the Movie Town Complex near Woodbrook is ok (sanitised version of POS, with more tourists, expats and foreign business people). The Tower club out at Grand Bazaar is full of local young people and open til the early hours - quite a long way out of POS and not sure it's worth the journey!

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”