Rum

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Shows what a load of drunks Tobagopholes are----this thread has been running for a year!
I still stand by White Oak and their latest advert-- wow!!!! :roll:
David :D 8)
Josephine

Re: 1919! A Fantastic Gift

Post by Josephine »

Hugh S wrote: No Puncheon allowed as it could be used as a terrorist cocktail! :shock: :lol:
Hugh, or anyone else - can you elaborate or explain how this is possible please? I seem to recall not paying much attention in my Chemistry classes during my teens :oops:

Not much of an alcohol drinker myself so the closest I tend to get to rum is in marinating chicken!
Hugh S
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Rum Rum Boom!

Post by Hugh S »

Josephine,

I was kinda kidding but with "at least 75% alcohol" and hand carried onto the plane it wouldn't take much to make a Molotov cocktail. Just insert a wick and light it up. Very flammable!

Hugh
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Josephine,it has such a high alcohol content that it could be used as a crude Molotov I guess.(What a waste!!!)
David
Hugh S
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Hugh S »

David, Great minds think alike! (You rummy %*} )

Did you get the email I sent to you last week?

Hugh
Josephine

Post by Josephine »

:lol: Thanks Hugh and David!

With 75% alcohol, does kind of make sense. Does growing up in the Caribbean give me a good excuse for being 'slightly' puzzled and bewildered? :lol:

Afterall, from what I am sure you have seen, the most creative West Indians tend to get when it comes to alcohol - to my knowledge - is how best to drink/cook with it and when! Using it as a lethal weapon does not register as a usage. :? :D

Thank goodness it is not April 1st either! :lol:
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Hugh,yes I did thanks,I'm sure I replied--ah well sorry.Yes that is the ad,I have a copy of that and the puncheon one..........on my bedroom ceiling!!!! (:oops: joke honest)
David :)
Hugh S
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Puncheon Girl

Post by Hugh S »

David,

You've got mail! =P~
Simon S

Post by Simon S »

Hi Folks,

So it seems we've established that Puncheon Rum is A. STRONG, B. Highly flammable, and C. Not too bad for hangovers.

But, and I know this is a little fussy :wink: , but does it taste any good? Is it sweet? Smooth? White, golden or dark?

I'm not usually much of a rum drinker - in fact it was the ONLY drink in the world I despised the very taste of - until my first trip to the Caribbean. I'm obsessed with rum punch and rum cocktails now!

Thanks guys/girls,

Simon
Hugh S
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Hugh S »

Puncheon may be the ultimate mixer but I have rarely seen anyone drinking it straight (except for the hard core who simply chase it with water). Puncheon is clear: a white rum.

If it's taste you are after try the 1919. It goes down like a fine cognac, smooth and easy, a red rum. Almost a shame to mix it but when you do you will be very pleased with the results. We mix with mango nectar plus a squirt of lime and a dash of Angostura bitters. All my friends are hooked on 1919 and beg me to bring some home for them. I serve it in brandy snifters and warm it in my hands. Oooh, I'm getting thirsty!

Please see my earlier post about 1919.
%*}
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Simon,if you like a straight white rum,put a bottle of White Oak in your freezer for a day and drink,or rather sip,it.It really is that smooth!!!! :roll:
David :D
PS sip a tot or two not the whole bottle :wink:
Hugh S
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Hugh S »

David Watkins wrote: PS sip a tot or two not the whole bottle :wink:
In other words, "Do as I say, not as I do", right David?

:lol: :wink: %*} :P :P :P
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

just advising from a proffesional point of veiw,Hugh :roll:
David(sober but about to start his birthday celebration :wink: ) :D
Hugh S
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Hugh S »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVID!!!

I will be in Tobago July through mid August and if you are around I would love to treat you to a late birthday drink or two.

Stay in touch, Hugh
Simon S

Post by Simon S »

Thanks for the responses, folks.

I'm leaving for Tobago in 3 weeks and getting V excited!

2 dives every morn followed by limin', drinking rum punch/carib beer(seperate glasses!) and watching cricket on TV.

Look forward to trying Puncheon and 1919.

Cheers,

Simon
Reann W

Post by Reann W »

Hi Simon,
I think you can try Mango Rum Punch as well... the flavour is just devine! =P~ I always buy 5 bottles when arriving in Piarco and leaving Piarco. There are other kinds such as Passion Fruit and Pineapple but they don't compare to "Mango Rum Punch" :D
Caragh M

Post by Caragh M »

Hi everyone

I have to join in here as I am a rum lover. Dark, white, goldern, overproof, coconut ... I love it! However, I have to say that I do not drink it neat, although I have had the odd drop or two that way before. I like it mixed with most things i.e in cocktails, punch or with coke.

So...I think I have some good tips on which white rum to bring back, but anyone got any tips on Coconut rum? I am currently drinking Wray and Nephew's Cocomania which I bought in Jamica but have not been able to find in England.

Cheers

Caragh :P
Jill M
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Jill M »

Hi,

I also have a tip on Rum.

Don't drink Rum Punch half way through doing the gardening on a Bank Holiday %*} - the second half will NEVER be as good as the first :oops:

Jill :lol:
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Jill,the rum or the garden :roll:
David :D
Jill M
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Jill M »

David