Tobago with small children

Your questions on medical and security issues
Angela D

Tobago with small children

Post by Angela D »

Next year we are planning to go to Tobago (january). But what i really would like to know is if this is a nice destination with small children ages: 3, 1 and 3 months (breastfeeding). Do theiy need vaccinations and i hear a lot about ear infections. Do you know nice accomodations especially for children? Thanks for your reply!
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

Hi Angela

Many of your questions can be answered in the 'miscellaneous' section above and in the Accomodations Section.

You also need to consult a doctor about vaccinations, particularly for the children.

As the children are very young you may find some of the residents in larger resorts have low tolerance levels towards children ... but otherwise I would say that Tobago welcomes children everywhere.

They will love it.

Regards
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature
Bryn

Hi Angela

Post by Bryn »

I would suggest you rent a villa in Tobago for your visit. We did on our last trip and most likely will never stay in a hotel there again. We are expecting baby #1 in August so have to forego our trip to Tobago this year. We will definitely rent a villa when we take baby next year. Having your own villa is a dream! We even had our own pool! There are lots listed here in the accommodation forum and you can make an offer and see if it's accepted. It worked for us. We went with another couple and rented a villa in the Hilton Lowlands. We paid $1200 US for a week for a 4 bedroom (all ensuite) with daily maid service. A steal if you ask me! Rent a car and drive yourselves around the island to expore at your leisure.

If you want to ask more....just [email protected]

Cheers!
Bryn
Vancouver, BC
Toine & Lia

Post by Toine & Lia »

Hi Angela,

In about three weeks we’ll be in Tobago again. This time with our new born (5 months old) son Sam. We have been to Tobago before and found out that visiting Tobago with children is as easy as taking them to Spain. Everything you need to nurse them is available.
We would definitely recommend smaller accommodation, just because the Tobagonian people are so friendly and helpful and they will take you in like you are family. We are staying in Sherwood Park, just like the last time we were here. All that is needed to have a good stay with children, they can provide. Staying in Sherwood Park means you have to get hold of car, so you can move around on your own, because Sherwood is located in the middle between the Atlantic and the Caribbean Sea. There’s also a shuttle service to the beach if you choose not to rent you own car. Look at the site and you’ll know why we stay there; http://www.sherwood-park.com .

Vaccinations
As long as children don’t eat the local food or drink un bottled drinks, there no need to vaccinate. The advice we got from GG & GD was, not to get Sam vaccinated because he will only drink milk (milk powder and boiled water) and other bottled juices. If children are older they do, like yourself, need them. On the part of ear infections we can’t tell you whether that’s true.

Don’t hesitate, just do it. You and your kids will love it. Strolling along the beaches, the wildlife, the rainforest and all the rest.

Regards
Toine & Lia

Return to “Health & Security”