Places to host a cocktail party

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Harry

Places to host a cocktail party

Post by Harry »

Can anyone suggest places to host an early evening cocktail party with light buffet style food? We will be staying in Crown Point, so it it shouldn't be too far. 40-50 people max. It should be by the water, with an elegant ambiance. I'l need to close it down for a few hours. Thanks in advance!
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Harry

Welcome abroad!

It largely depends upon how formal an affair you're think of. Your use of the word "elegant" rather gives the impression of a formal/semi-formal event. Frankly, their are very few options, particularly if you want it by the water and in Crown Point. The only place that springs to mind - and it would need to be an informal event - is Bago's Beach Bar (see our Restaurant listings for Region 1: Crown Point).

One other possibility: it might be possible to arrange something at the Sandy Point Beach Club, although they might baulk at closing their restaurant or clubhouse to residents.

If you're happy to go without water, then Cafe Coco would be the most 'elegant' restaurant setting. I doubt that they would be prepared to close it off to other patrons, but the layout of the place (the island's largest public restaurant) mean that it would be easy to allocate a 'section' to you which would keep the function relatively private.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Harry

Post by Harry »

Wow...
That was fast Steve!
Please don't misunderstand.....by elegant, I don't mean clothing, or profiling, etc., but just a nice Tobago style scene and not a dive since half of my guests are a mature (age) crowd. My vision is open air, and drink and food, before it opens up for the regular night time festivities. Since it's slow time...it's possible I think. I've already arranged for Cafe Coco later in the trip. I'll look into your recommendation. Thanks!
Harry

Cocktail party

Post by Harry »

Bonkers can do it and I'm considering it. I hear good things about the place, but have never been there. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Harry

Bonkers is a very popular restaurant located at the Toucan Inn. I would have suggested it above, except that it isn't within site of water. Other than, it would be a good choice. The General Manager there, Troy, is particularly helpful.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Brian Taylor
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Brian Taylor »

why don't you check with the weddingplaners of the island (even if it is not one). they will know wich resaturant can be booked and what the offers of food and coctails might be. maybe you even let one of them help you with the booking, might be the easiest way.

enjoy your party

STEPHANIE
Stephanie & Brian "Alibaba" Taylor
Alibaba-Tours - http://www.Alibaba-Tours.com
Harry

Post by Harry »

Thanks again to all. I've actually spoken to Marie Dilworth (wedding planner) just for advice, and Bonkers has been very nice....may do it there, even though there is no water view. I only hear good things.

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”