Weather in early January in Castara

Weather reports, questions and comment.
Susie Berlin

Weather in early January in Castara

Post by Susie Berlin »

We are planning a trip to Castara in early January, which I understand can be an "iffy" time to visit, weather wise, being near the end of the rainy season.

Any suggestions about whether it's best to go a bit later in January, or is the weather usually the same the entire month, more or less?

Thoughts/comments from anyone who has visited at that time of year would be MUCH appreciated!

Thanks,
Susie Berlin
Chevy Chase, MD
USA
Clyde Alleyne
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Clyde Alleyne »

Susie, January is indeed a transition month, and we have experienced every kind of January in the past - very wet , very dry and varying degrees of wetness in-between. It's anyone's guess what kind of rainfall you will get in any given January. If you go here you will be able to see the average precipitation by month in Trinidad & Tobago.
http://weather.uk.msn.com/monthly_avera ... c:TDXX0002
If it's any consolation, at least any rain will be warm! :lol:
Clyde
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Susie,as Clyde says in January the weather is very variable,for instance this year it was the driest January for 15 years,yet January '05 it rained almost non stop for the first half of the month.
I have been to Tobago a number of years now and generally January is not particularly wet.As I have said before,it rains you get wet and then you get dry.......and the rain is warm! :wink:
David :D

Return to “Weather”