Guest Report

18 room self-catering hotel at Grange, near Mt.Irvine (listing)
Ms Phillip

Guest Report

Post by Ms Phillip »

My friends and I spent a weekend here and they had advised me that they stayed here previously and were only returning because the price was reasonable. Now I know why they returned only for the price. The grounds are very unkept. The driveway has HUGE holes and the signes are faded and dirty. The rooms were clean but very bare with only a microwave, mini fridge, beds and a television which never worked. We did not spend too much time there but when we did decide to go into the pool, we were interupted by the owner's children. Five children at ages ranging between 5 - 12 made for a very roudy and loud swimming experince. We eventually came out and went to our rooms when their mother kept coming outside to shout at them. That was very unprofessional as we were paying guests and should not have been subjected to such a display. I did not even make it in to the restuarant because the outside was anything but inviting. The worst part was the night before we left, we gave the owner's wife $400 and she stated she had no change to give us our $80 change. She told us she would give it to us in teh morning, but when morning came and we were about to check out, she stated that she could not remember us giving her all that money. I have two minds about going back here but if I do, it will only be somewhere to place my baggage and head out. Oh and always give exact money because the wife apparently has a dishonest streak.

Return to “Grange Inn”