Guest Report

14 apartments in Crown Points (listing)
Lisa Jones

Guest Report

Post by Lisa Jones »

Bananaquit was our first stop during our week in Tobago. Having never been to the island before I relied very heavily on this website while making the plans. Wanting to explore as much of the island as we could we planned to stay the first few nights at the southern end of the island, and the end of the week up north.

We stayed at Bananaquit for the first four nights. Upon arriving a the airport close to 9pm on a Saturday night we found we could have EASILY walked to the Bananaquit with our luggage, seriously maybe a 6 min. walk, don't waste money on a cab. We stayed in a second floor loft apartment. It had 2 beds with A/C that we never turned on, fan, TV & closet upstairs, kitchen, bathroom, sofa (which was a pull out bed) and balcony on the lower level of the apartment. We were super pleased with the amenities: big fridge, microwave, toaster oven and 2 burner electric hot plate. All the cooking and eating utensils you could want. Great water pressure and hot water in the bathroom. The apartments all look out over a cute courtyard with the coolest little chicken roaming there. The property in back of Bananaquit houses goats and sheep, however this added to the charm, there was no odor and the animals were relatively quiet. Our first morning at Bananaquit we were almost annoyed with the birds and all their chirping, then realized how nice it was to hear these sounds of nature. We did rent a car, which made it easier to go to Penny Savers, the local grocery store, but walked to Store Bay Beach, which is only about a 5 min walk. Also, very walk able to a few nice restaurants, convenience store, etc... There are a few parking spots inside the gate at Bananaquit, otherwise street parking works just fine too. The hotel next door has a great little pool that guests of Bananaquit can use. Don't worry about the noise being right next to the airport, it's a non-issue. I think the busiest day we heard 2 planes, maybe!

All in all, no real negatives about the place. If I had to choose something I'd say screens would have been nice in the sliding glass door and windows, I did leave with a fair number of mosquito bites. A colander would have helped in the pasta draining challenge. Otherwise can't think of any complaints. Bananaquit made a great place for us to use as a home base. We were able to explore the lowlands easily and return each night. We felt very safe (two single American girls) in the neighborhood even when walking past the local bars at the end of the road. You can't go wrong staying here!!!

Return to “Bananaquit”