Need review of Coral Ridge Studio Apartments

8 apartments in Crown Point (listing)
Dana Amzon

Need review of Coral Ridge Studio Apartments

Post by Dana Amzon »

I just heard about this place and would love to have a review of their facilities. If anyone ever stayed here, please post. I especially would like to find out how close they really are to Store Bay, as opposed to the cliched "5 minutes walking distance" claim many hotels seem to make. Any info will be appreciated.
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Dana

Welcome aboard!

I'm not personally familiar with the Coral Ridge Studio Apartments. From the description, they are probably somewhere down Store Bay Local Road, so yes - they should be within a 10-minute walking distance of Store Bay and various shops and restaurants.

Hopefully somebody else can confirm and tell you more about Coral Ridge. I notice from our listing that Yes Tourism are agents for the property, so I think that's a pretty safe bet that they're a cut above some of the cheap apartment houses in the area. Personally I would email them and ask any specific questions you might have because I am confident that you would get an honest and fair reply.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Dana Amzon

Post by Dana Amzon »

I emailed and they said it was on the street opposite Jimmy's Resort and in between Arthur's by the Sea and The Pelican Restaurant. Ring a bell anyone? They said 5 minutes walking distance, but I just want to ensure that I can walk to the beach easily before I book.
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Dana

If they say that's where it is and that's how long it takes, then they've answered the question for you. :wink:

From their description I can envisage exactly where it is. To be honest, you'll be hard pressed to find anywhere more convenient for Store Bay or Pigeon Point.
Steve Wooler
Joe King

Post by Joe King »

Hi Dana,

That is a fantastic spot to be in!!

You are literally 3-4 minutes away from Store Bay, the Cash Machine is between you and Store Bay 8)

Jimmys Resort has one of the best minimarkets in the Crown point area, a great plus if you run out of insect repellent, batteries or sun tan lotion.

You are also in prime position for some of the best restaurants in the area, Panache, Cafe Coco, Tamaras at the Coco Reef, Cafe Iguana, Bonkers, Dillons.

It is only a 3 minute drive from the airport, which is a huge plus when you have just arrived off a longhaul flight :D

I don't know what taxi company the Coral Ridge might use, but Royal Taxis are just around the corner from you and we always used them and found them to be very reliable.

Have a great time, you will love the place :!:
Dana Amzon

Post by Dana Amzon »

Thanks for the responses. They were helpful. Looks like i'll be giving Coral Ridge a try.
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

It looks like a reasonable choice. Be sure to pop back to the forum after your visit and let us know what it's like so other visitors can consider it.

Have a great holiday.
Steve Wooler
Dana Amzon

Post by Dana Amzon »

Sad to say but I won't be staying at Coral Ridge at all. I called to make a booking and the guy who answered the phone had an extremely brusque, short and unprofessional manner. He even put the receiver down on me without warning, after I told him I would need to call back later. I've learnt that these small indicators up front usually spell big problems when you actually get to the hotel.
I called a few other guesthouses today, and got similar rude manners on the phone. One woman asked me how I got the name of her hotel. I told her I saw it on the internet, and she proceeded to ask me in an annoyed voice whether I didn't get enough information there. This time I was the one who put the receiver down.
I remember reading a post on this site that seemed to indicate that Trinidadian visitors to Tobago don't require the same standards in a hotel/guest house as foreigners. I must say as a very discerning Trinidadian that is simply not true ( and I know many other Trinis far more discriminating than I am). I demand professional standards of treatment and quality facilities whenever I visit Tobago. I just don't feel as a Trinbagonian that I should need to pay very high rates to visit this beautiful part of my own country. I am therefore looking for somewhere economical (as opposed to cheap) yet clean, adequately appointed and professionally run. The closest I have come to finding that has been at the Belle Viste Apartments where I stayed last year. It is right next to Sandy Point Village and is as clean and pleasantly furnished as many of the fancy hotels. If I cannot find somewhere a little closer to the beach then I'll be returning there. So it's back to the drawing board for me. I'll let you know how things turn out.
Roger D.
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Where to Stay Around Store Bay

Post by Roger D. »

Hi Dana,

I presonally liked Crown Point on the Bay - Everyone is Friendly, you can
walk to the Hotel from the Airport and it's on Store Bay - just a walk down
the steps from the Hotel. They have a great lookout where you can watch the sun set. The rooms can use a litttle updating, but most of them are equipped with a small kitchen and cable TV. Here's their Web site;
http://sunsurfsand.com/crownpoint/

There's a little reef where you can do a little snorkeling just below
the lookout point.
Have a great time.
Patrick Dankou
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Patrick Dankou »

Dear Dana

We are sorry to hear about your sad experience when calling Coral Ridge and other hotels in the area. We are the agents for that property and usually handle most of their bookings and never received a request from you. We would like to inform you that we have spoken to the owners of Coral Ridge about the incident. Neither of them can recall any conversation like the one that you have described. We have dealt with them a lot in the past and a lot of our clients have spent their holidays at Coral Ridge and so far, we have never had complaints like that before. This answer is sent on behalf of the owners. Could you please let you know when you called and which number you have dialed because there are several establishments with similar sounding names in Tobago.

Best regards
Patrick Dankou
Patrick Dankou
Yes Tourism - http://www.Yes-Tourism.com
Dana Amzon

Post by Dana Amzon »

Thanks for your concern Patrick, although I really don't want to make a big deal out of this. However I will provide the information you asked for. I called 639-0118 some time between 2pm and maybe 5pm yesterday. Sorry I cannot be more specific about time but I was calling many places during the course of the afternoon. I spoke to a gentleman - he sounded middle aged or older. Indeed I did not make a room request through your website as it is always my policy to try to telephone reception at the hotel/guest house first before doing so.
Thanks again for your interest. Maybe while I'm in Tobago I will drop by the Coral Ridge Hotel and speak to someone there, just to see for myself what the establishment it is like. Perhaps then I will be convinced to consider it for future visits. Thank you and keep up the good work!
N Muir

cultural differences

Post by N Muir »

i would just like to say on behalf of my lovely island that there are many cultural differences here. TnT is one government, but Trinidad and Tobago are two very different islands, with different people and cultures. It may seem sometimes that the person puts the phone down on you but this is not a sign of aggression rather local culture. when the conversation is done the phone goes down. simple. theres no fancy goodbyes, thankyous.. etc.. So when foreigners ( or trini's who live overseas and have forgotten our ways) experience this, please dont get upset its just we thing.

With regards to Coral Ridge, it is ideally located, behind pelican reef restaurant and very close to shops and yes 5 mins walk from the beach. it has no view as such but is quietly hidden away and has many fruit, mango coconut trees around. the rooms seem small but it is clean and comfortable. Note there are several hotels in Tobago called "CORAL".
David Self

reveiw of Coral Ridge appartments

Post by David Self »

:loCoral Ridge appartments we have just returned this week after staying at Coral Ridge once again over the last ten years we have returned to coral ridge MANY times please try it Dana Amzon clearly you must have had a crossed line as the owners have both always been the most polite and curteos people we have had the priviledge to meet in the Carribean
we have had great holidays both as a young couple and a small young family.the maid is also great nothing is too much trouble please try Coral Ridge l.In England theres a great saying dont knock it until youve tried it Where Coral ridge is concerned you wont go wrong
Once in the past after two weeks of great holiday the owner asked if we had enjoyed our stay and if we had done all we wanted too i replied i wished i had taken a fishing trip and just like magic a fishing trip was arranged by Coral ridge for me the next day please rest assured a friendly welcome always and if Coral Ridge can Coral Ridge will..
incidently they know of great car hire and know most places in Tobago
so give it a look like yesterday

Return to “Coral Ridge Studio Apartments”