OVERNIGHT AT GATWICK

Your questions and comment on travel to Tobago
Mandy H
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

OVERNIGHT AT GATWICK

Post by Mandy H »

Hi there,

My partner and I have just booked to go to Tobago in March - 3rd time! My parents are coming along too this time, and I think they'll love it :D We're also spending 5 days of our stay in the Grenadines - bliss!

We will be spending an overnight in London before flying from Gatwick, and I was just after some advice from people who have done the same thing. We're flying to London from Manchester, so no need for the parking side of things.

Looking for something cheap and cheerful, that either has a restaurant, or is walking distance from restaurants, and is not a dive [-o<

I look forward to any suggestions you may have!
Thanks,
Mandy
Ronald
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Re: OVERNIGHT AT GATWICK

Post by Ronald »

Hi
I also need an overnight nearby Gatwick when travelling to Tobago.

There are many smaller places around Gatwick, but I´m using the Corner House Hotel, just 5 minutes from Gatwick south. A small place with restaurant and car park, they also have free picup service.

Have a look at their web site: http://www.thecornerhouse.co.uk/ and se if it´s a choice for you.

Ronald
Sue Noble

Post by Sue Noble »

We stayed at the Gatwick Hilton (only) once. Very handy but definitely not worth the money. :(
Jane H
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Jane H »

Try Acorn Lodge or the Cambridge Hotel - both owned by the same people. Very close to airport with transfers included. The Cambridge has recently had a refurb and, although it's a little more expensive than Acorn Lodge, has much better size rooms and particularly bathrooms. Just Google either of these and you'll find their website. (They can also offer good deals on Room plus parking - although I see yo don't need that.)

Jane
John Fox

Post by John Fox »

You must try Trumbles - a really smart Bed and Breakfast - we stayed there a couple of years ago and found the room excellent both spacious and spotlessly clean, the breakfast very good and taking us to the airport and collection spot on.
Look on trip advisor for latest reports to check it is still as good.
AHStewart

Post by AHStewart »

Best bet is YOTEL in south terminal.
Book by the hour.
Caribstu

Post by Caribstu »

You could by an oyster card for the London underground and sleep on there, i heard it's quite warm this time of year, the Circle line is best cos it goes round and round and you wont get to the end of the line and be woken up by someone coming on and cleaning the train. Most of the platforms have chocolate dispensing machines, be very wary of these, they'll most likely steal your money, so you're better off packing your own lunch or using the sandwich bar on High Street Ken's platform 3. You can also connect with the Victoria Express without having to leave the station and head down to Gatwick.

Be careful in London though, they say the streets are paved with Gold, but i think it's mostly chewing gum

:lol:
Dr Stefan Rustscheff
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Dr Stefan Rustscheff »

I will vouch for Trumbles, which is an excellent and affordable choice. If leaving on a monday I would definitely seek out the sunday night offer they normally have at Alexander house. At a discount, this is as good as it gets in all aspects!Comfortable limousine transfers LHR-LGW are offered by the kind Eddie Manning. Ask for Shaun as a driver.

Return to “Air Travel & Getting To Tobago”