Last minute things!

Your questions and comment on travel to Tobago
Alison Warwick

Last minute things!

Post by Alison Warwick »

Very excited! flying out on thursday 19th for our first trip to castara.
Just got few questions. do we need to pay anything when we arrive or leave ?
Also someone said we should take some spare passport pictures? is this correct.
Think we have all the essentials, money, passports, mosqito cream and repellant.... any suggestions greatfully received!
Ronald
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Re: Last minute things!

Post by Ronald »

Hi Allison

I believe all tickets to T&T also include the departure tax, so you shouldn´t need anything except money for living and rental. Normally, you shouldn´t have any problems in Tobago. But remember, depending on where you stay, all places doesn´t have an ATM ot a Bank nearby.

Some years ago I met a man on vacation in Tobago, and he lost his wallet, with money, passport, tickets, ID and so forth, he was always travelling with everything! But he was dealing too much with "friendly girls".

I have travelling quite a lot with in the Caribbean no room reservation, and I always have with me, in case of something happen:
copies of my tickets and other travel and insurance documents, the first page of my passport and other kinds of ID-documents, and other papers/documents I find important. I use a USB-stick for that, easy to print out if it ever will be needed. So far, I have only needed that once.

Ronald

I´ve been using this only once during many years of travelling,
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Alison,just bring yourself ,your humour,goodwill and chill.Castara is the next best thing to Heaven(can't say paradise 'cos it's in paradise)
Enjoy.......and you will. Full report on return please.
David :D 8) %*}
Carol Townsend
Queen of Waffle
Queen of Waffle

Post by Carol Townsend »

Alison,
You should have read my book first!( Well, nothing like the hard sell is there? :wink: :roll: )
Have a wonderful time - no, re-phrase that - you WILL have a wonderful time!
Give my regards to the feral chickens...
Noe
My book about Tobago:'Caribbean Capers and Tropical Tantrums' is available on Amazon and my new book 'Who Stole Nan's Knickers?' is on http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=3213879
Neill B

Post by Neill B »

From my experience last year, very little is needed except for fins, mask, snorkel and quite a lot of cash since the value of the pound went subterranean against the TT$. Island economies can sometimes mean stuff that has to come in is more expensive than you'd expect making it a little more painful but hey, it's a holiday in one of the most beautiful place on earth so why worry?

I did pay the departure tax last year (TT$100? - not sure), having been told I had to as it wasn't in the price of the late-lamented XL ticket. Maybe I was had, maybe not. I haven't checked if BA cover this, I guess I'll do that on the way in on Sunday. I'll be in Castara with better half as of Wednesday 25th so if you see a white (possibly pink!) whale snorkelling in Heavenly Bay with a huge grin, say hi. And if not, have a great time anyway.

Cheers
Neill

Return to “Air Travel & Getting To Tobago”