Pavilion Restaurant at Villas on Stonehaven Bay

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Paul J Corney

Pavilion Restaurant at Villas on Stonehaven Bay

Post by Paul J Corney »

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 12 February 2003

The Pavilion is located in a superb position overloooking Stonehaven Bay across the road from The Grafton. The food compares with say Amadeus but the cost of an evening is double what we've paid anywhere else and when we ate there last noght we were the only diners. In short, worth it for a special occasion - the views and the general ambience - a fairly wide range of choice 4 startes, West Indian Red Bean soup being particularly good and the Dolphin well done (but not as good as say Rub y Lous Grouper). The cost of a bottle of Pouilly Fuisse is a whopping $290 I recall.

Paul
Wanda

Pavillion Restaurant

Post by Wanda »

Hi
We had dinner there last weekend, it was to be our 'treat' for a romantic night out.
The setting is wonderful and we looked forward to a lovely quiet dinner, however it was not to be.

We were invited to take our seats at our table as the entertainment was about to start..........what entertainment we wondered?

it was a duo singing 'love songs' to each other with the amplifier turned up so high that we could not hear one another speak. Neither could we hear the waitress telling us of the specials and she could not hear us either. The food was nice enough but service was lightening fast and we had finished our starter and main course in 45 minutes.

By now other diners were complaining about the sound level and, despite, repeated requests that it should be turned down, it remained uncomfortably high. It was a great shame that the manager felt that the dining experience would have been enhanced by the music, it wasn't.
Perhaps lunch would have been a better choice to enjoy the view and the location?
Wanda
Cher

Post by Cher »

Has anyone been to the Pavillion for dinner, recently? I was thinking of having our first dinner in Tobago, somewhere romantic with great food and wine. Any suggestions or advice?
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Cher

Go for it! All reports have been good and I think it is ideal for a romantic dinner. It was my son and daughter-in-laws favourite restaurant when they joined us for a couple of weeks last February.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Cher

Post by Cher »

Thanks, Steve. The Tobago Tourism Industry should surely recognize your role in promoting the island. I know it is purely for love of Tobago but it is contagious - I have fallen in love with Tobago without even being there!
Marc Jones

Post by Marc Jones »

Just to add, they don't do a single vegetarian option.

(I realise that wasn't asked, but it'll help someone sometime!)

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”