Quad Bike tours

What to see, what to do, where to go
Anne Parker

Quad Bike tours

Post by Anne Parker »

Firstly I would like to say that first time visitors to Tobago we found the My Tobago site a very useful source of information and reviews.
We thought other users might like to be aware of Trinidad & Tobago ATV Explorer, situated on Black Rock Main Road (between Stone Haven Bay & Turtle Bay) and has only been in operation for a month or so.
It is run by Ranny & Shurlann Bastien, and we would highly reccommend their "off road" tour. In our opinion it was a very good value, thouroughly enjoyable 4-1/2 hrs of bike, followed by a short walk up to the Highland falls (where Ranny picked up all the rubbish left by other visitors).
The bikes are brand new, and in very good condition, and you could not wish for a better way to experience the countryside - we wish them every success!
[/b]
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Anne

Welcome aboard!

Thanks for that report. We first heard of this new outfit just a couple of weeks ago and I'm looking forward to finding out more about them next month, when I'm over there. Sounds like just my sort of thing.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Achim Lewandowski

Post by Achim Lewandowski »

Hi,

I don't want to offend you, but quad bikes aren't the vehicles I would like to use to visit the Highland falls. It fits into the same category as helicopter flights, much fun for you, but getting on the nerves of everybody else. In my opinion there is a much higher reward, if you reach the falls without any motorized equipment, e.g. by walking or with a mountain bike

http://www.tobagomountainbike.com/touro ... m#highland

Just my opinion,

Achim
Alex Bindy
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Re: Quad Bike tours

Post by Alex Bindy »

Anne Parker wrote:Firstly I would like to say that first time visitors to Tobago we found the My Tobago site a very useful source of information and reviews.
We thought other users might like to be aware of Trinidad & Tobago ATV Explorer, situated on Black Rock Main Road (between Stone Haven Bay & Turtle Bay) and has only been in operation for a month or so.
It is run by Ranny & Shurlann Bastien, and we would highly reccommend their "off road" tour. In our opinion it was a very good value, thouroughly enjoyable 4-1/2 hrs of bike, followed by a short walk up to the Highland falls (where Ranny picked up all the rubbish left by other visitors).
The bikes are brand new, and in very good condition, and you could not wish for a better way to experience the countryside - we wish them every success!
[/b]
sounds like fun!! We are doing the bike tour (having won it here) and this sounds like another great way of seeing the island. ( I assume that these are the quiet 4 stroke quads - not the noisy ones that everyone seems to associate with quads?)
Peter Kuhn

Post by Peter Kuhn »

Hi Anne,
from the 14 th of january I stay in Black Rock for 4 weeks.
Do you know if I can rent a quad for a day to do my own trip, if yes do you know the rates for the rent ?

Thank's for a reply.
Best Regards

Peter Kuhn
(...7 days to go 8) )
Tony G
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Tony G »

Yeah, I kinda agree with you Achim. I'd like to think I could walk or cycle the more remote parts of the Island and appreciate it without the intrusive roar of quadbike engines. I would have thought that the locals would probably feel the same, but then that's not for me to say.
Brian Taylor
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Brian Taylor »

99% of the locals do not care about noise at all. people here love their brush cutters and have no problem to use them 5 o clock in the morning under theis neigbours window.
cars have music systems so loud that you think the beat must nmake the veuicles jump forward instead of rolling... must I talk about the extra loud big muffelers?
many people have music systems on their balconies and the way they use them you would guess they are all def by now.
so don't call on them to not like noise. I guess they would love to drive the quads if possible and all over the place... :wink:

don't worry, but as far as we know, there are not too many on the island yet, so tha chance to meet them ist not that big!

still enjoy your holiday guys
steph & ali
Peter Kuhn

Post by Peter Kuhn »

Steph & Ali,
you be right :-({|=
the most Tobagonians have no problem with loud noise :evil:
The love the sound of grascutters !!! ( joke ) :wink:

No time I bring a stereo from home, hopefully the neigbour in Tobago has a good one \:D/

Peter .....six days to go 8)
Anne Parker

Post by Anne Parker »

Hi again,
In reply to Alex and Peter, firstly I don't know if they were four stroke, but I do not remember them being especially noisy or intrusive, but my impression was that they were welcomed not resented. Secondly, I do not think Ranny would rent them out as such, it is a new business, and he is quite protective of his bikes! also I think his operators license restricts where the bikes can go i.e. not on the beach. You could check with them personally - the phone numbers are 639-5363 & 398-4696.
Anne.
Peter Kuhn

Post by Peter Kuhn »

Hello Anne,
thank you for your information :P
Next week I will contact Ranny to try to find out what I can do.
My idea is :idea: to make a trip to the country site ( Castara or Charlotteville ). Maybe it's possible to make a island tour with the quad.
It might be a new kind to discover Tobago.
I would never drive at any beaches [-( :!: =; , only at roads around the island.

Thank's for reply

Peter ( ...5 days to go 8) )
Tony G
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Tony G »

I've just re-read my contribution to this topic and I sound like a miserable old bxxxxr. I'm really not!

PUMP UP THAT BASS
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Where do you want it pumping, Tony? :wink:
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Tony G
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Tony G »

Steve,

I'm not quite sure how to answer that!!!!!!

But...

in my many years experience of sound systems I have found that if you can feel the bass pumping in your chest the vibration naturally radiates outwards causing uncontrollable movements in the limbs usually known as 'dancing'.
Jens H.

Post by Jens H. »

hi achim+tony,
i´m with you,i´m not miserable either and like lots of fun :) .i´m coming to charlotteville since 15 years now(1-2months a year) :D .thinking of a bunch of roaring,stinking,air-polluting squads going up the treck to pirates bay
or roaring around the village : :roll: ....i don´t even want to think about it.
this kind of fun is about driving these things.everybody can do that at home.preferably around his own neighbourhood.
there is a lot more to see and experience about the island and its people by going by bus,car(picking up people) or walking!!!
my opinion
jens :)
Tony G
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Tony G »

Hey Jens

1 to 2 months a year in Tobago!!!

You are a lucky man.

Perhaps you could give me a job that will pay me enough money to do the same.

I'm going to chill out on this subject of quad bikes. I'm sure it won't be a problem.

Every'ting Cool!

Two weeks to go and I'm having trouble thinking about anything else.
Katy Jones

Post by Katy Jones »

hello there, was this trip well worth it?
My girlfriend is scared of anythin with an engine so are they big enough for a passenger?
how much was this trip?
thank you
Achim Lewandowski

Post by Achim Lewandowski »

Ok,

I think we can close the Quad Bike noise thread now, but don't forget to visit

http://www.sounddogs.com/results.asp?Ty ... egoryID=50

My favourite is 6000RPM :wink:

Achim
Tony G
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Tony G »

Ha ha ha ha!!!!

Yeah, that's the one.

Thanks for the link Achim.
Belqaid K

Post by Belqaid K »

so how much does it cost to go on a quad tour?
Anne Parker

Post by Anne Parker »

Hello again,
Katy:- The bikes are not designed to carry two, but it is not a problem. The bikes are automatic, and can reverse. Ranny takes everyone on a practice run first to make sure they are competant. You can reasure your girlfriend there is nothing scary at all.
Belqaid:- I think we paid 400TT for the two uf us for 41/2 hrs
Regards,
Anne.

Return to “Sightseeing, Tours, Sport & Activities”