Any activity suggestions?

What to see, what to do, where to go
Jolene A

Any activity suggestions?

Post by Jolene A »

Hey all, me and my boyfriend are heading out to Tobago in June, and i was just wondering what activities you would suggest doing out there? We will be staying at the Coco Reef, so will probably spend alot of time around that area unless we decide to hire out a car while we're there.

Many thanks

Jo
Julia C.
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Julia C. »

Definitely take an island tour in the first few days. Just you two and a driver/guide. You'll get to see most of the island in one day and get the chance to stop off at some points of interest. Arrange it through YES tourism or similar unless you get some personal recommendations from other posters. It gives you a good overview of Tobago and then you can see where you'd like to go back to to spend more time.
I will never forget the island tour we took on our first visit - the scenery took my breath away.
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Seconded!!!You MUST get out of "hotelland".Talk to Tania or Iris at Yestourism(almost across the road from Coco) and they will help you,whether it be rainforest,snorkelling or out to the reef.
And Jolene,your postings are getting up--- you are becoming a mytobago addict---and therei s no cure :wink:
David
Jolene A

Post by Jolene A »

Yeah thats what im worried about, we don't want to be spending the whole time in or around the hotel. We would deffinetly like to see the island, and go through the rainforest, and possibly some snorkelling, (although i must get over my fear of sharks first! :oops: ) The island tour sounds like a great idea, thanks Julia :)

Can all these activities be arranged through Yes Tourism? I am aware you can book some things through the Coco Reef, but as its going to be our first time out there, im a little unsure of how to go about things.

I was also wondering what activities are around in the evening? Ive read about a 'sunday street party' which sounds like a fun way to end the week, does anyone have any info on this?

Many thanks everyone

Jo
your postings are getting up--- you are becoming a mytobago addict---and therei s no cure Wink
lol :D
Steve Pitts
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Steve Pitts »

Jolene A wrote: Can all these activities be arranged through Yes Tourism? I am aware you can book some things through the Coco Reef, but as its going to be our first time out there, im a little unsure of how to go about things.
Hi Jolene
Yes Tourism will fix up most kind of tours and activities for you.
They are situated in Crown Point Plaza, which is about 200 metres up the road from Coco Reef, back toward the airport - a short walk and up the stair to the top floor.

You can contact them beforehand by email and / or check out their website for details of what they offer.
http://www.yes-tourism.com/
Jolene A wrote: I was also wondering what activities are around in the evening? Ive read about a 'sunday street party' which sounds like a fun way to end the week, does anyone have any info on this?
Have a look in the Nightlife section http://www.mytobago.info/nightlife.php
and you will see the words Sunday School in red text. Click in the words and it will take you to a section on the Buccoo Sunday School street party, although there are plenty of other references to the weekly bash here in the forum in other posts.

Cheers
Steve
Take only photos - leave only footprints. I like that concept.
Mandy H
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Post by Mandy H »

If you do hire a car for a few days, then make sure you do some snorkelling (if you get over your fear of sharks!) at Arnos Vale. For the 2nd year running we did some of the best snorkelling there. The best part was seeing an army (that's how they looked when they were lined up!) of squid - amazing!

We also snorkelled outside the beach bar on Mount Irvine beach and saw a HUGE turtle!

For other good snorkelling if you do hire a car, go to Heavenly Bay, Castara - we saw Barracuda, turtles, incredibly beautiful fish and fellow travellers also saw stingray.

If you do any boat trips, we can highly recommend the glass bottom boat from Pigeon Point - snorkelling was great fun. We also took a boat from Speyside (Troy at Blue Waters Inn) across to Little Tobago, where we did snorkelling at three different sites.

Have a great time - having just returned, I'm very jealous!
Jolene A

Post by Jolene A »

Thanks for the info on Yes Tourism Steve, think we shall be paying them a visit! :) I checked out the link about the 'Sunday street party' and although it sounds good, is it safe? I only ask because there seems to be alot of theft - not that we have anything worth steeling, lol! :P

Mandy - thanks for your suggestions, sounds like you had a great time out there! Snokelling is something we would deffinetly like to do, i just have a thing about sharks - thank you steven speilberg!! :roll: But i absolutely adore turtles, so im very jelous of your experience! :P Did you book the snokelling with a guide, or did you just do it on our own? Just out of interest, does the island have any whales or dolphins at any time of the year?

Many thanks

Jo
Bill B
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Bill B »

Jolene,
I wouldn't worry too much about theft or crime. Don't carry a lot of money or wear a lot of flashy jewelry. There is always a large crowd at Sunday school so I suppose pickpockets might be there but no different than a crowded place at home.

A lot of the snorkelling can be done directly from the beach. The three places Mandy mentioned, along with a lot of other places, are easy to get started with snorkelling.

You might want to consider taking an all day sail on Island Queen (look under Out & About - Activities - Sailing & Watersports). When we were sailing with them earlier this year we had a pod of approximately 20 dolphins race along side of us for about 15-20 minutes. Quite a sight.

Bill
Can't wait to be "limin"

Tobago 2007 Pictures at
http://billbrunner.myphotoalbum.com/
Roland Siebenhorn
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Roland Siebenhorn »

Hey Bill,

although they provide a royal service the name of the boat is Island Girl. I also would suggest a trip with this catamaran. Excellent catering and it's great to explore the island by boat!
Go to http://www.locki.net/tobago/bilder.php for my photos of Tobago
Bill B
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Bill B »

Roland,

Just one of many "Senior Moments" I've been suffering lately #-o

You are correct and I agree that the food and the entire experience was great. As I said in my trip report posted a while back, we've been on a number of day sails over the years and this was by far the best.

Bill
Can't wait to be "limin"

Tobago 2007 Pictures at
http://billbrunner.myphotoalbum.com/
Jolene A

Post by Jolene A »

That sounds lovely, especially the dolphin bit! :D Looks like we've got alot of things to do then, not sure if 2 weeks is going to be long enough!! :P

Many thanks

Jo
Tiff Lynch

Post by Tiff Lynch »

Island Girl. Good idea. There is also the personal tour with Cocomotion. A fantastic trip out on one of the sexiest boats on the island. Run by Marlon and Rach, you have a choice of what tour you want to go on. They also do a lovely sunset trip. With Marlon you get a fantastic boat ride with snorkelling and a good chance of seeing those Dolphins. Oh and as I always mention Rachs' carrot cake. TO DIE FOR..... They also do pick ups with the boat from Coco reef. Take a look. Oh and give big hugs to them all. I miss them loads.
Louise Bree

Parasailing...dont miss it!

Post by Louise Bree »

Hi Jo, myself and my 3 children were in Tobago November 2006. We had a blast, I would recomend seeing the island, do an island tour, other people have mentioned it on this site, we scuba dived and snorkelled. :D

BUT the best thing we did was a days activities at Pigeon Point, we met Rikky from radicalsportstobago.com who breifed us on the activities they offered. This started with PARASAILING, I was apprehensive at the start, but once on the boat and seeing the crew working together, listened to the breifing, I relaxed a bit. We headed out to the area they Parasail in behind Buccoo Reef, the crew then launched the parachute, called myself and my son onto the back of the boat first and then we were being released fom the boat. We seemed to just get higher and higher, they say we went to 300 feet, but it seemed much higher. The view is so good, we could see the reef, Nylon Pool and even over Tobago to the Atlantic Side. We saw turtles and rays from the air, it was so peacefull and calm. We were then brought back to the boat safely and my 2 daughters went next. They loved it too.

After the parasailing we went on the big inflatable ring ride, I wanted to waterski, but we ran out of time that day.

We had a great day, if you like water sports you have to go and see Rikky and crew at Pigeon Point, they also offer loads of water sports.

Hope this helps, wish I was going back in June.

Louise 8)
Caragh M

Post by Caragh M »

I could give you a list of what we did and what not to miss...but as I am still tired from the flight home and not quite in review mode, I will simply say that the two not to miss are...

Island Girl and Cocomotion

Both great value for money, lovely crew and a lot of fun

Missing Tobago lots

Caragh :cry:

Return to “Sightseeing, Tours, Sport & Activities”