tours from Tobago to Trinidad

What to see, what to do, where to go
SuzyW
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

tours from Tobago to Trinidad

Post by SuzyW »

Hi there, We are making our first trip to Tobago in May 2011 and want to see as much as we can. Can anyone recommend a tour company to take us to Trinidad for the day please? Yes Tourism do one to the nature reserves but wonder if there are any more tours that you as regulars to Tobago can recommend please. Thanks :)
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Re: tours from Tobago to Trinidad

Post by Paul Tallet »

I can't recommend it because I haven't done it but it is on my wish list ... a walk along the north coast of Trinidad ... you would need a guide because it is very remote and may involve camping overnight in various spots along the coast.

You can either google 'Trinidad North Coast' to read about the various walks or I am sure Patrick at YesTourism could help you put something together that fits your criteria.

Patrick did a mighty fine job of taking me on a Trip to the Grenadines some years ago.

Regards
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature
Andy K
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Andy K »

Suzy,

there are several tours to do in Trinidad, but due to the size of the island and the terrible traffic it is not
possible to do all in one day. It may be possible to do "Asa Wright" in the morning and Caroni Swamps in the afternoon.
Everything in South like the pitch lake is hours of driving.

I know of a very good tour operator here in Trinidad. Check out

http://www.membersonlymaxitaxi.com

contact Jesse and confront him with your plans. He will certainly do what ever is possible to accomodate you.

Cheers,

Andy
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Suzy

I can confirm that Yes Tourism do arrange tours to various sightseeing features in Trinidad. Click on the link above, or go to any page of their site, then select Tours > Trinidad Tours from Tobago. Apart from the fact that they are true professionals, the advantage is that they will book your airbridge tickets and get you to and from the airport in Tobago; something a Trinidad-based firm might have difficulty arranging.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
SuzyW
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Post by SuzyW »

Thanks to everyone for their ideas and help. Steve I have been in touch with Belle at Yes Tourism and she is putting together a trip for us that takes in Port of Spain and the Caroni Wildlife. She is arranging the airbridge as you mention and transfers. Will let you know how it goes when we get back.
Thanks Sue

Return to “Sightseeing, Tours, Sport & Activities”