Guest Report

108 room 3*+ All-Inclusive resort at Stone Haven Bay (listing)
Lina Mallon

Guest Report

Post by Lina Mallon »

I haven't got around to this until now but better late then never....

We stayed 2 weeks at the Grafton in February (same time as Alex I am quite sure)
We where very happy with our stay. The rooms are clean and comfortable even though they are a bit tired.
The food was fine. The breakfast was nice even though I haven't had a rasher since I got back. Way too much of them for me but the fresh fruit was delicious.

We mostly had lunch in Buccaneros and we where very happy with the food there. I loved the fish and the salads so I was very happy my husband eat burgers and chicken and we never had anything to complain about. Kelly was always very friendly and always up for chat.

The first ten days we had no problem getting both sun lougers and umbrellas on the beach however the last few days people seemed to be down in the evening before to "reserve" beds. We were down quite early every morning and most of them where gone.

The evening food was OK in the restaurant but it was fantastic in the Neptunes Restaurant. I loved the girl cooking the food very friendly and very nice all the time. I asked her about the spices she had on the fish and the next day she had bought me some to bring home. Fantastic!

The restuarnat on the other hand was very "samey" not much variety but all well cooked and all nice.

In the bar they where always vry friendly as well although some of them seemed a bit rushed.
The drinks where nice even though some of them where a bit strong (never thought I'd have that complaint :-) ) We are both in our early 30s and do enjoy going out and going to the pub but we have never had a vodka and coke that strong. We couldn't drink it...

Over all we where happy with our stay. As I said the hotel is a bit tired but I have heard it is supposed to be refurbished in the summer so hopefully that will be good.

Next time I think we will rather stay in an apartment and I don't think we will go all inclusive again. It is handy but it just isn't for us.

Lina

Return to “Grafton Beach Resort”