2 Week All Inclusive fast approaching

70 room 4* All-Inclusive resort at Stonehaven Bay (listing)
Jonathan Smith

2 Week All Inclusive fast approaching

Post by Jonathan Smith »

Good Afternoon.

Having planned our holiday for a good 10 months or so this website has been absolutely invaluable in aiding our planning and building our excitement for our impending holiday. We are staying at the Grand Courlan and will be visiting friends who live on Trinidad whilst we are there. We are staying the first two weeks in September and I was wondering if I could ask a few questions before we go:

1. Is this a busy time of the year for tourism?
2. I am unsure of how much money to take with us- we would like to go on some excursions to see as much of the island as possible, but as we are unsure of the cost- we don't know how much to take!

Any help would be much appreciated!

thanks

Jon
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Jon

Welcome aboard! :lol:

No, September is not a busy time of year on any of the Caribbean islands, so the hotel will probably be no more than half full.

The money question is a difficult one because it so totally depends upon how much time you're going to spend out of the resort and, more specifically, eating/drinking/shopping in small local stores. Your tours and all major purchases can be purchased by credit card. Personally, I would take no more than £100. There is a cash machine (the only one on that coast) just a five-minute walk from the LGC, so if you run out of cash, you can have a nice little stroll up there and draw some more cash out.

Have a brilliant trip.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Mandy

post subject

Post by Mandy »

Is there a reason why its so quiet in September????

Were going on the 8th September for 2 weeks, was going in May but had to cancel because my son broke his arm.

Would have been better to go in May because in the dry season, so am a bit worrid about the `rainy` season.

But so looking forward to going, but not building up to much in case of any problems like last time!!!!!

mandy
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Mandy

I haven't got month-by-month figures for overseas visitors to the island and have no knowledge that September is quieter than the other 'summer' months. Its simply that the Caribbean has always been most favoured as a 'winter' holiday destination. I only go to Tobago during the first few months of the year, for instance - largely because Tobago is slightly cooler and dryer then, but mainly because its so wonderful to get out of England during the peak winter months.

Frankly, with the way the weather is these days, all around the world, you take pot luck wherever and whenever you go, so I wouldn't worry about it.
Steve Wooler
Jonathan Smith

thank you

Post by Jonathan Smith »

Thank you for your prompt reply, it's good advice and I will stick to it.

I too was a bit worried about the weather- but what the heck- as has already been written, "you pays your money and takes your chances" wherever you go in the world.

We might see you there then Mandy!

Two weeks away from work anywhere in any weather is good enough for me.

Jon.
John Gilham

Post by John Gilham »

My wife Chris and I are returning to Tobago on the 8th September and will agree with Steve that if you are AI then £100 should be enough cash especially if you have a card with you.
(We need one for the Lobster Supplements)

The weather is usually a little wetter and therefore much more humid around that time however it has never spoilt our holiday yet. There are advantages of green grass that time of the year and a few less people and of course the kids are back at school and all this means a slightly lower cost.

If it does rain is warm and rarely last too long, if its too hard to lay in then there is always the bar!

Have a great time and maybe we will see you on the plane (Virgin VS051)
Regards John
Mandy

post subject

Post by Mandy »

Hi Jon,

Have been a bit worried about the weather in September but as you say its booked & paid for now, so know turning back just looking forward to our holiday.

Where are you staying? we are staying in Bacolet so hopefully will benefit from the sea breeze.

John we are also booked on the Virgin flight VS051, never flown with them before do you know what they`re like? See you on the 8th then!!!

regards
mandy
John Gilham

Post by John Gilham »

Hi Mandy
Virgin are superb they have a service where you can check in and chill out so on your return flight Virgin collect your luggage from the hotel the morning of your flight and let you enjoy the last day. you then just need to turn up at the airport and fly.
On the outward journey its possible to check in the evening before if you stay local again it takes the rush out of the check in process.
We have already allocated our seats on line which secures them ahead of the flight.

We are staying at the Coco Reef Resort for the second time and looking forward to it.

Enjoy your holiday.

Regards
John & Chris
Mandy

post subject

Post by Mandy »

Hi John,

Thanks for the info, we booked our flights on the internet so like you have our seats allocated.

As we are staying at a private villa we don`t have the option for the late stay and check in at the hotel.

Do you know of any hotels local to Gatwick in which we can stay? as I don`t fancy the M25 early in the morning.

Have never been before so really excited about the trip, we were due to go in May but my son broke his arm 4 days before we were due to go :(

So keeping everything crossed this time.

Can you recommend restaurants, trips etc that we can do?

cheers
mandy
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Mandy

For one hotel suggestion, have a look at Tobago/Getting There/Air Travel/Gatwick Accommodation.
Steve Wooler
John Gilham

Post by John Gilham »

Hi Mandy
Try the following website which will give you all the options for one night stay and 15 inclusive parking.
Last year we used the Hilton which gives you the luxury of walking into the airport on the morning of your flight. A little more expensive but no bother with busses etc.
http://www.airport-parking-quote.co.uk/ ... g/gatwick/
Whilst in Tobago definitely go on the Rain Forrest Trip.
I am sure there are many others but this was one we went on and really enjoyed.
We also took a cab into town and planned several hour there but soon found we had done the town in around 15 minutes and spent the remainder of the time sheltering from the heat in KFC!!

Have a great holiday as I am sure you will.

Regards
John

Return to “Le Grand Courlan Resort & Spa”