Guest Report

70 room 4* All-Inclusive resort at Stonehaven Bay (listing)
Steve Woodhouse

Guest Report

Post by Steve Woodhouse »

Le Grand Courlan

We visited Tobago during the second half of June 2006 staying for two weeks. We had three rooms at Le Grand Courlan resort and spa. One for my wife to be and I, one for her 20 year old son. The third being shared by our respective daughters aged 19 &21.

All the rooms where together and had stunning sea views. They were clean, comfortable and very well maintained throughout our stay.

The staff were without exception cheerful, friendly and helpful.

The highlight of our trip was our wedding. This was organised by the hotel and turned out to be a delightful day. The setting was idyllic, on the beach. It was a small simple service officiated by a local minister and attended by our children and a few friends we made during our stay. Truly a day to remember.

My wife and our children all used the spa treatments that were offered as part of the all-inclusive package. The days soon started to revolve around assorted scrubs, rubs and manicures. All of which were a very high standard, administered by professional staff.

I ‘traded’ my spa treatments for dives with the padi accredited dive centre attached to the resort. ‘Eco divers’ provided a fantastic range of dives to suit beginners through to the more experienced adventurers. For two weeks of spa treatments I received five free dives and one lesson to upgrade my certification. The dives were just what I imagined diving in the Caribbean should be, colourful and exciting. The staff were again very helpful, friendly and professional.

We took all of our meals in the resort, using both restaurants and the beach bar. Breakfast and lunch were buffet style meals and always good. The evening meal was waiter service and exceptional, we always looked forward to our dinner.

We had a holiday that we will all remember for a long time to come.

Would we go back to Tabago? Oh yes.

Would we use Le Grand Courlan again? Definitely.

Return to “Le Grand Courlan Resort & Spa”