Guest Report

54 room 2* budget hotel in Crown Point (listing)
bob_uk
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Guest Report

Post by bob_uk »

My Wife and I first paid a visit to the Tropikist Beach Hotel in Feb 2012, I booked the hotel before reading any reviews on Tripadvisor and on reading through them before we left I thought I had made a bad mistake and even tried to change the accommodation, but this was not possible.
We arrived at the Hotel and first impressions were not great, as many other reviews point out the building did look like it needed alot of renovation and updating, but we were greeted by the new manager Anderson Mcfee and made to feel very welcome. Within the first couple of days staying at the hotel all our previous fears of a nightmare Hotel were gone, We did have a couple of requests regarding our room and availabilty to get hot drinks and these issues were dealt with almost instantly.
This was our third trip to Tobago staying at both 5 star hotels and private villas and it turned out to be the best holiday we have had.
The main reason we go to Tobago is it is so unspoiled, the island is friendly and we feel very safe where ever we go. We don't feel just like tourists in a foreign country, We feel welcome, and this feeling was reflected in the Tropikist. The staff were excellent, always polite and happy to be of help.
We have just returned from a second trip to Tobago, and again we stayed at the Tropikist.
The ongoing renovations were obvious and the place was looking like progress was being made.
Anderson Mcfee has made good progress on every level and we had a second great stay with alot of the staff remembering us from our first trip and making us feel very welcome again.
In summary, If you like 5 Star accommodation, Never wanting to leave your hotel complex and learn about Tobago and its people, and want to be waited on hand and foot by robot staff with no personallity, then the Tropikist is not for you.
BUT .... If you love Tobago and its people and way of life, You'l love the Tropikist !
Booked again for Feb 2013

Return to “Tropikist Beach Hotel”