laundry at the Coco Reef

Questions and comment outside the scope of the above topic groups
Pamela Sutcliffe

laundry at the Coco Reef

Post by Pamela Sutcliffe »

Does anyone know how much it costs to have washing laundered at the Coco Reef Hotel.
I seem to remember reading a post that there is a laundrette close by .
Has anybody used these facilities and can you as well as having it washed and dried do they also iron the clothes for you .
Do you know the cost for this service
Steve Fifield

Post by Steve Fifield »

Pamela,

The Clothes wash Cafe is just around the corner next to the bank (RBSS?) and costs about 40TT for a service wash load. I was there just a few days ago, and good service. They also do ironing, including, amusingly, do it yourself ironing (see the signs). It is also an internet cafe.

Steve F. 8)
Steve Fifield

Post by Steve Fifield »

Whoops - pressed back button and submitted again - sorry.
Diana
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Re: laundry at the Coco Reef

Post by Diana »

All these posts are OLD! I searched and searched for information on a coin laundromat (as we call them in the US). I finally found one, but it has a different name than the one mentioned in this post. The information I have is that it is called Laundronet Limited. There is a charge to use the computers set up there. It is next to La Cantina Restaurant. The address I have is 7 Store Bay Road, RBC Bak Compound, Crown Point. They allow you to wash your own clothes and dry them, or they do it for you. They sell soap and softener as well. They are open 8 PM daily. Telephone 639-0007. I believe the cost is $40TT for do it yourself wash and dry. It was a real surprise not to find places to do laundry on the island. Hope this helps others.
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Diana

Welcome aboard! :)

The posts are certainly old, but it's good to see that the information provided in these old posts is still essentially accurate today. In fact outstanding that the laundromat still costs the same TT$40 per wash that it did back in 2005 when this was first discussed. I don't know about the names, but suspect that Laundronet Ltd is the correct corporate name of the company, but they probably still trade as 'Clothes Wash Cafe'. The address/location you mention certainly indicates that it is one and the same.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Ronald
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Ronald »

Yes, the laundry shop is still there, and as they say, there´s choise between doing all by your self or let the lady there take care of it.

If you do the laundry by yourself it cost $40 TTD.
If you choose to let them do it all it cost $50TTD and they put everything in a nice way into a plastic bag, and you are free to do whatever you want instead for waiting to the washing machine to be finish. I find that well worth $10 TTD.

Return to “General Questions & Comment”