Gift Suggestions

Questions and comment outside the scope of the above topic groups
Peter M.

Gift Suggestions

Post by Peter M. »

Hi, My family and I will be traveling to Tobago for the first time in about a week. The owners of the villa we will be staying at have been extremely helpful in helping us prepare for our trip as well as arrange for cooking and even some babysitting. We wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions for small thank you gifts for the owners/cook/babysitter that we could bring from the states (maybe some commodity that is hard to come by on the island) to show our appreciation. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Hugh S
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Re: Gift Suggestions

Post by Hugh S »

Hello Peter,

Welcome aboard.

I'm trying to think of suitable gifts but not knowing your hosts makes it difficult. I'm sure others will come up with some good suggestions.

I always bring reading glasses for my friends and they are much appreciated. I guess you can get them here but I have not seen them offered. Being a fisherman I have made a great hit by sharing small vacuum bagged packages of smoked salmon which travel down in my carry-on. Books and DVDs are welcome gifts too.

Where are you staying? Maybe you could contact the host and ask them if they would like something special.

Enjoy your first visit.

Hugh 8)
Peter M.

Post by Peter M. »

Hi Hugh,
Thanks for the thought.

We will be staying at Hibiscus Heights, we cant wait to get to Tobago!

Cheers
Andy K
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Andy K »

Peter,

i like Hugh's idea with the smoked salmon very much. Food stuff as a gift can never be inappropriate in T&T
and is generally well received. There are restrictions for the import of food, but those apply mostly to
fresh meets, fruits and seeds. Preserved items should not be a problem.
Enjoy your stay in Tobago !

Greetings from Trinidad,

Andy

Return to “General Questions & Comment”